X

cant find slip on for kat 1100 93

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant find slip on for kat 1100 93

hi everyone i know for some this might look dumb but does anyone have a web site that i can find nice sound slip on for my kat i made all exhaust manifacturer and its always for 2000 +

or if i can fit just any slip on ?

im open to any ideas

I dont mean to hijack your post, but I too have a 1100 Kat. Does an early Bandit or RF900 full exhaust fit. I see several on ebay and the price seems good. I saw on another thread about swapping oil pans. What exactly does that entail?
    Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Check out Str8poolbangers threads. He found exhaust for his pre Kat, that I think would fit yalls. Sorry, but I cant remember which thread it was. You can find him in the member list, under the "site tools" tab in the toolbar on the top of the page.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

You can't get a slip on for a Katana 1100. It's stock 4 into 2. You need a full system. HERE'S one.

Comment

The Bandit 1200 header doesn't quite reach low enough to fit the 1100 well. It'd take denting in the top of the collector quite a ways or finding some other way to get past the oil pan. You'd also need to cut off the centerstand stop and mid-pipe mounting bracket and then weld the centerstand stop back on in the right spot. The mid-pipe will interfere a little with the brake pedal and you'll need to make a hanger plate to attach the muffler to the rear footpeg bracket.

I got frustrated enough with it that I went back to the stock pipes and sold the Bandit pipes to someone with a 750.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            The Bandit 1200 header doesn't quite reach low enough to fit the 1100 well.
            Could swap the bulky 1127 oil pan and pickup out for a 750, 600, or B12 and fit the B12 header just fine.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

for the price i would just get the full exhaust kit like arsenic said. alternate site = http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...100-Parts.aspx
              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Thanks alot for everyone's input. I found a 1200 bandit exhaust here locally so cheap I think I'll dig into the service manual and see just how difficult this oil pan removal really is. Bike is new to me but has over 20k so maybe a look-see into the oil pan wouldnt be such a bad idea anyhow. Now to see how much an oil pan is and I guess the corresponding pickup tube(i guess it uses a different one?). As far as welding a few new brackets to the pipe and muffler, thats a non issue.
                Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

Working...
                X