X

New Horn for Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Horn for Kat

Hey Gang. I have been looking at replacing the stock Suzuki horn on my 02 750 Kat ( Guess why, clue, I live in NYC ) and using the link below found a great review which includes mp3 samples of different types and am looking at these three.
    Hella Supertone
    Fiamm Freeway Blaster
    Stebel Magnum
    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...comparison.htm.
    Anyone changed their horns or have any feedback on these. If so, did you need to use the relay kit to install them?
    P.S. I am ready for the Beavis interpretations of "Horn". Heh heh

Shameless Bump. A good horn can save a life!

Comment

I use the freeway blaster, and have seen lots of others do the same. Very easy mod, and MUCH louder then stock...still does not stop some of the imbeciles on the road though.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I didn't use any of those but got a Wolo bad boy at harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/bad-boy...orn-94117.html (it's the same thing as the one in the rider warehouse catalog) for on my last bike. Used the relay and heavier wire to make sure it had enough juice. Not as loud as I would have liked but definitely MUCH louder then the stock horn. Watch for it when they do 50% sales, if I remember right I got it at a local store for under $30.
        Last edited by DetCord; 07-24-2011, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Appreciate the replies.The Blaster was the one I'm leaning towards, it sounds like a car horn, and I think that is a big plus, people react "better" when they think they are going to take some damage too. Did you need the relay kit or was it a straight plug up into the existing wiring? Also, did you need to do any modding as far as mounting?

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
          I use the freewa
          y blaster, and have seen lots of others do the same. Very easy mod, and MUCH louder then stock...still does not stop some of the imbeciles on the road though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
            ...still does not stop some of the imbeciles on the road though.
            Nothing does that short of an RPG.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I like my airhorn
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04