X

any exhaust suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any exhaust suggestions?

i want a louder exhaust but whenever i search for something for the pre kats all i get is a two brothers set up and a vance and hines, any other suggestions based on things some of you guys have done? also i want to do it without having to rejet the carbs..any suggestions?

mine has a Vance and Hines exhaust, and its way to loud for my likings. Doesnt sound clean.
    Glasses Up, bitches down

Comment

Real advice? There is a massive sale on Boz Bros exhausts at Iron Pony right now. With a little ingenuity I'm sure you could make the side exit setup from an 06-07 GSXR600/750 work on the Kat. $110 last time I checked, and they are nice pieces...... made by Area P if I'm not mistaken.

If you don't want to make something fit that isn't made for it, you could look at Hindle or Holeshot as well. I don't think there is a pipe in the world that sounds better than a Hindle, honestly.

PS- Just noticed you have a pre. You'll need a 98+ oil pan, pickup, and header for any of those options.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Try a 4-1 header from an early 90's GSXR 750 with a Yoshimura slip-on. That's what I had on my 96 750 and it was quieter than a V&H with a nice, mellow sound until you wound it past about 6-7k rpms. Then it screamed.

Originally posted by JWRusk View Post
        mine has a Vance and Hines exhaust, and its way to loud for my likings. Doesnt sound clean.
        Try repacking the baffle. My Interceptor's V&H StreetComp needed it about once a year. Quieted it right down again (although nowhere near as quiet as a stock job) and richened up the mixture, too. I could always tell when it was time to repack because the exhaust would start popping on deceleration.
        Last edited by Wild-Bill; 07-02-2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

With pre's tho only real option is the full V&H or 2Bros or if your lucky enough to find one, a Yosh. Other than that the easiest thing to do will be as LnL stated, convert to a post set up.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            With pre's tho only real option is the full V&H or 2Bros or if your lucky enough to find one, a Yosh. Other than that the easiest thing to do will be as LnL stated, convert to a post set up.
            I wasnt aware 2bros made a 4-1 for the pre 98 bikes, never seen one.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X