No announcement yet.
X

idea fell through

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly although from fox's pictures it looks like the mid pipe is the one with the bolt flanges that won't possibly fit between the can and that really long header. The header is going to have to be cut short and then a new mid pipe will need to be bent to reach the can.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      Exactly although from fox's pictures it looks like the mid pipe is the one with the bolt flanges that won't possibly fit between the can and that really long header. The header is going to have to be cut short and then a new mid pipe will need to be bent to reach the can.
      Ummmm I think your right. He might be able to cut it short may be just in front of pegs. and go from there. I was lucky and started with a old Vance & hines header and went from there.
      Richard
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

but thats all and good the can that i have wont mount up to the stock location. the mount wont work. thats the biggest problem im running into.

Comment

OK, took another look at your pictures. The problem is that the mount is too short to provide clearance between the can and the footpeg bracket, right?

Solution is a chunk of a streetsign. No joke. Hit the local recycling yard and pick one up. Peel the vinyl sign graphics off the front (Use heat to soften the glue and Mineral Spirits to remove the residual glue.) and you've got the world's best bracket material. you can cut it with a scrollsaw, jigsaw or by hand with a hacksaw. It can be cold-bent (once) without breaking, drilled with a hand drill and the edges work nicely with a file and sandpaper.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i was thinking of cutting the rear peg bracket off cause im the only one that rides. but its not that im lazy its just i dont wanna cut and weld that much if u catch my drift.

Comment

Who said anything about welding? Leave the footpeg bracket alone and cut an adapter bracket for the pipe.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

No welding!!!!! what fun is that. I think wild Bills got the right Idea. It would be a lot better in the long run not to cut the rear peg mount.
                Richard
                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                05 Yamaha WR450F
                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Passenger pegs are for sissies...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sissy, biatch, call her what you like, she's mine.

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

i have to look at work i think we might have some alum plate at work. ill have 2 check into it and see what happens.

Comment

ok i got some alum plate at work im going to fab a bracket and see what it looks like and go from there.

Comment

well it looks like im going to need too use a slip on can not bolt on. i had some things moched up and the flange and bolts were really close to the foot peg and didnt like it. so back to the drawing board and put the lound annoying muzzy back on.

Comment

Working...
                          X