X

idea fell through

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea fell through

i was going to take a stock gsxr stock can and mount it on my pre 750. i have an addaptor plate made up but the mounting is wrong and it wont work out. does anyone kno what exhaust can i could use to make my bike quiter than the muzzy can i have now.

Stock.

Yoshi is quieter than a Muzzy, that's about it.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

where would i find a yoshi? i would take a stock right can and make it work.

Comment

What yr bike? That info would help a lot.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

sorry dude 93 750

Comment

Ah, that makes it much more difficult.

Yoshi and V+H are your only real options unless you want fab work, and even then the system is all in one piece. There are no slip on options for the pre 98 bikes.

Comment

i could make the can i have from the gsxr work its just that it might look goofy cause it would stick out pretty far cause i would need almost a mid pipe like a z

Comment

What year gsxr? I don't understand your issue.

Comment

Take the bike to a muffler shop and have them bend you a mid-pipe. If you can mount the can where you want it and there's enough space between the muffler pipe and the header to make the bend they should be able to whip it out in nothing flat. Tell them you want it to be a clamp-on connection (Slip-fit) and then you'll be able to take it apart for oil changes and can packing without pulling the header off the bike.
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

the can is off a 2001 gsxr 750. i think that it might look weird cause it might stick out beyond the foot peg and the mounting tab on the can wont fit for the stock mounting location. i might need to build a spacer to space it out. the mounting tab hits the rear foot peg mount and the can might be too big and round.

Comment

I just found a used yoshimura can, well I actually just bought two banged up ones and a new sleeve made one good can, fabbed up my own mid pipe with pre bent mandrel pipes. You can get one made at a muffler shop but the bends will be kinked slightly.
                      Richard

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
                      From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
                      Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.
                      Attached Files
                      96 Suzuki GSX750F
                      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                      05 Yamaha WR450F
                      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

this is what im worried about. what year did you get ur yoshi can from?
                        Attached Files

Comment

What's going on with the header/mid pipe? That's going pretty far back for just the header. If there's a long, straight section between the 4-1 joint and the back end of the pipe then that's where your opportunity is. That section can be cut and welded to line up with your flange pipe. Again, depending on your weld-fu, it may be something you need to take to a pro.
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

there should be some better pics of the mid pipe
                            Attached Files

Comment

If that was me and I wanted to use that can I'd remove the mid pipe mount the can with your flange mounted to it, and fab a new mid pipe from the header to the flange. making sure it won't interfere with anything important like brakes or pegs. It not going to be a plug and play.
                              good luck Richard.
                              Attached Files
                              96 Suzuki GSX750F
                              89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                              05 Yamaha WR450F
                              05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X