X

Is this a yoshi can or OEM?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a yoshi can or OEM?

I'm thinking this is a OEM can with a yoshi sticker, I just wanted to be sure:

I have a pre 750 that I'm wanting to do a 4 into 1 on to save weight. I'm wanting to do it as cheaply as possible. My plan is to find a Post 750 header and put the dent in it to clear my oil pan, then find a cheap mid-pipe/can for a Post.

Looks OEM to me.

If your gonna use a post system on a pre, be sure you alter the stationary mount, or get a can with an adjustable mount system.

Post exhaust systems are too long for the pre frames. It can forced to fit, but that pushes the exhaust down under the engine not giving enough clearance and will scrap heavily on any curves at all, much less bumps and such.

I would really recomend looking for a cheap oil pan/pickup off a post to put on your pre instead of denting the header. Work out much better in the long run, and give you the clearance you need.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

looks stock to me
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

It's definitely OE. The Yosh would have a strap to support it, a removable rear cap for repacking, a separate mid pipe and no contour at the rear bottom of the can.

Comment

I have a Yoshi and looks nothing like that. Seller isn't saying anything about being a Yoshi, just put a sticker on it to get you to think it may be a Yoshi. Besides, it looks like a POS to me and not worth the money. It's friggin beat to crap.
          Go here:

Last edited by Kfreak; 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
            Looks OEM to me.

If your gonna use a post system on a pre, be sure you alter the stationary mount, or get a can with an adjustable mount system.

Post exhaust systems are too long for the pre frames. It can forced to fit, but that pushes the exhaust down under the engine not giving enough clearance and will scrap heavily on any curves at all, much less bumps and such.

I would really recomend looking for a cheap oil pan/pickup off a post to put on your pre instead of denting the header. Work out much better in the long run, and give you the clearance you need.

Krey
            I have a D&D Can/ mid pipe that's from a RF 900. Maybe I'll get a Post Header, and see if I can make the D&D stuff work..

Comment

Originally posted by stephenspann27 View Post
              I have a D&D Can/ mid pipe that's from a RF 900. Maybe I'll get a Post Header, and see if I can make the D&D stuff work..
              Should be fairly simple to get a midpipe custom bent that can be welded/attatched to the can you have to make the 2 work together. Check with local exhaust shops.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by stephenspann27 View Post
                I'm thinking this is a OEM can with a yoshi sticker, I just wanted to be sure:

I have a pre 750 that I'm wanting to do a 4 into 1 on to save weight. I'm wanting to do it as cheaply as possible. My plan is to find a Post 750 header and put the dent in it to clear my oil pan, then find a cheap mid-pipe/can for a Post.
                I believe Yoshi makes the OEM Suzuki exhaust, it's just not the performance aftermarket version. The sticker does say both Suzuki & Yoshi, which may very well be correct, but it is not the high performace one you are most likely looking for, just the OEM version that comes stock. I switched mine from OEM to Two Brothers, the Two brothers is only about quarter the weight of the stock system & sounds so much better.

Comment

its an OE 750 pipe. it has the cutaway at the start of the can.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

been seeing alot of those stickers lately, it's a Team Suzuki sticker,says yoshi on it because yoshi is endorsed by team suzuki. was looking at pull over hoodies earlier an saw some with the same design as this sticker
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                    X