No announcement yet.
X

Motogp\''shorty'' ebay pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the ABS post. I cant wait to see the new exhaust vid. I really need to quiet down my D&D, did you just lose the harshness of it while still retaining the overall sound?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zv3Sacl7JQ"]YouTube - ABS vs. No ABS[/ame]

Or we could just all buy outriggers.
    Last edited by 1FSTKAT; 12-17-2010, 12:47 AM.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

• All of the intelligence has drained from this thread. I r unsubscribed.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        All of the intelligence has drained from this thread. I r unsubscribed.
        Nuff said. I'm riding with Ben Spies tomorrow... I don't have time for the banter.
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

• With Baffle (new one)
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dosQc4mmW8s"]YouTube - With baffle[/ame]

Old ones without baffle for comparison
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOR1wvz6s3E"]YouTube - Katana short exhaust revs[/ame]
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoDOrulcDkw"]YouTube - Katana short exhaust idle[/ame]

It will still "lope" with the baffle in. But the idle is properly about 1400 in this new vid because I just finished a ride and its all set right. The original vid was idling lower due to freshly being turned on and the choke being off.

It is the same overall but a little more conservative. Cruising on the highway won't give you a headache. I will be riding it like this. Also, I the A/F screws are about 1/4 turn richer than stock now in the 2nd vid. It does not pop bad on decel like it did earlier. I would record it in motion but I don't really have a way to secure my camera phone other than maybe just leaving it in my pocket for sound purposes.
          Last edited by gnode; 12-17-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnode View Post
            But the idle is properly about 1400 in this new vid because I just finished a ride and its all set right.
            Actually, that is out of spec.
            Your idle should be at 1100 RPM +/- 100.

Comment

• I will turn it down then. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be 1400.

Comment

• I like the sound of it! Did it come with the baffle? Any pics of the baffle? (I need one myself)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobberwocky View Post
                  I like the sound of it! Did it come with the baffle? Any pics of the baffle? (I need one myself)
                  It includes the baffle. There was a shipping mistake and I had to have the seller send me the baffle separately. It was a simple install.

The baffle is basically metal tube that looks like someone took a can opener to. It has alternating triangular cuts/fold ins for a few inches and it is inside the pipe.

Comment

• what did you adjust so it runs better?

Comment

• Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
                      what did you adjust so it runs better?
                      The A/F screws on the carbs. 1/4 turn rich from stock.

Seems to have a sliiiight hesitation at 3000 RPM so it might be a tad too rich. But otherwise its nice and smooth and responsive.

Comment

• hmm... so just turning those can make it run better?

Comment

• Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
                          hmm... so just turning those can make it run better?
                          Turning them correctly if they are not already optimal

Comment

• Did you have significant throttle hesitation issues after you installed the straight pipe w/o baffle?

I put on a Level One Racing GP style exhaust on my bike but the pipe has no baffle. I used to have great throttle response throughout the whole RPM range (w stock exhaust) but now I have horrible hesitations at around 4k and 7k. I will apply throttle and it revs to 4k, then sits there bogging down for a good 3-4 seconds, then it will go up to 7k and do the same thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobberwocky View Post
                              Did you have significant throttle hesitation issues after you installed the straight pipe w/o baffle?

I put on a Level One Racing GP style exhaust on my bike but the pipe has no baffle. I used to have great throttle response throughout the whole RPM range (w stock exhaust) but now I have horrible hesitations at around 4k and 7k. I will apply throttle and it revs to 4k, then sits there bogging down for a good 3-4 seconds, then it will go up to 7k and do the same thing...
                              It did seem to remove the flat spots. Throttle response down low was much better. You could compare the first rev vid with the new vid to see the difference. Watch my hand and listen to the sound.

Comment

• My bike has the road rashed original pipe on it. I am NOT trying to make by bike a BUSA by adding an exhaust, but Spending 400 bucks on a 2 bros or whatever seems just stupid.After a few near misses on hwy 25 at speed with animals, I am thinking save some bucks, and get a few more db by buying a motogp shorty. Plus it gets rid of the huge hulk of a muffler on the right side. So What is a factory pro jet kit and the moto gp with install going to run me?

Comment

Working...
                                X