X

Motogp\''shorty'' ebay pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    The original GSX600F was launched in 1988 as a SPORTSBIKE. At that time, its specification was perfectly acceptable for a performance machine - all-enclosing bodywork, a 16-valve engine and monoshock rear suspension put it on a par with its peer group. Only the slightly bland styling marked the GSX out from its competitors.
    At the time, it was still slower and heavier than the competitors. An FZR600 from that period will run circles around a Kat 600, and the ZX600's of the era will walk away from it pretty easily as well.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by kfreeman View Post
      hurry up and get me a video! lol j/k. can't wait to hear the difference with the baffle.
      It is in the shop for an unrelated issue. Maybe by Friday??

Comment

the pre's are just so ugly... confused how you guys like them better then the post.

Comment

the pre's are just so ugly... confused how you guys like them better then the post.
          Because they dont pretend to be a gsxr
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Because they dont pretend to be a gsxr
            anyone that pretends that there kat is a gixxer is just plain dumb. Doesn't matter if it's a pre or a post. Both groups do it. I bought a kat as a first bike and love it, but I know what it's capable of and what not. Just because someone has a post doesn't mean they think they have a gixxer. Get a clue

Comment

Posts are absolute touring bikes and pres are more of a sport touring bike. I have only seen a few people who think the post look better than the pre. Some people perfer the looks of a goldwing. I've never heard someone say posts are more sporty! I do not like the looks of the post at all but that's not all there is to a bike for me. Posts are also a lot bigger which for me makes it even more not sporty. The pre looks like an 80's sports bike and I like that the post looks like something a 40 year old would ride. That's fine but it is what it is. My wife has a PT Cruiser, I can put 19's on it and lower it a little but now it looks like a old persons car with nice wheels.

I say make your bike your own but take the emotion out of your view and you'll understand where we come from. I love my Kat and part of why I'd have a hard time getting rid of it is because I have an emotional attachment; It's my first bike and I've put a lot of sweat and blood into it. If I owned a post I might start to like the look of it... Most people I've talked to who have neither think the post is ugly and the pre is similar in style to the 80s sport(not ugly). Maybe it's your taste that's bad rather than ours? Either way we aren't hating on the post, it is what it is.

Also in my original post I said I would not let a friend who just bought a Kat to do this mod... Ride your bike a few thousand miles and if you don't want a faster base bike start doing these mods. Throwing a new slip on without a jet kit is n00b in the highest level!
              Last edited by niqbales; 12-11-2010, 06:47 PM.
              95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
              Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
              ---
              I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

The posts look like a big jelly bean to me. Kind of like a Hayabusa with a short bulbous nose and beaten with the slow stick. Personal opinion, of course.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

you said it right though, the pre looks like an 80s bike! lol. Either way, both bikes aren't very good looking and that's why they are starter bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                    The posts look like a big jelly bean to me. Kind of like a Hayabusa with a short bulbous nose and beaten with the slow stick. Personal opinion, of course.
                    I was just thinking they look like a cheaper alternative to a busa! So awesome

you said it right though, the pre looks like an 80s bike! lol. Either way, both bikes aren't very good looking and that's why they are starter bikes.
                    I think they're great starter bikes but they aren't limited to that... I'm gonna keep mine and make it comfy for long rides, if I had got a 80's Yami sports bike I'd be sellin it. They're great project bikes too. They're good reliable bikes they just aren't all I'm lookin for...
                    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                    ---

Comment

I like the way my post looks I would compare it to a peice of oddly arranged shiny blue putty atop two wheels, but I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angrytoaster View Post
                        I like the way my post looks I would compare it to a peice of oddly arranged shiny blue putty atop two wheels, but I love it.
                        That's all that matters in the end... I love my bike no matter what anybody says
                        ---

Comment

I really like the styling of post katanas and hayabusas. I like curves and something that looks a little unique. So many sports bikes all look the same to people who don't really know motorcycles. How many car people can tell the difference between a GSXR and a CBR other than one says Suzuki and the other says Honda?

When the 2008+ Hayabusas come down to around $5-6k for a good one and I am proficient, thats going to be my next bike. I sat on one at the dealership not long ago and was surprised just how similar it felt to my kat. I swear the hand controls are the exact same (like literally the same plastic and buttons) and the ride position is very similar.

So I guess some people just like curves. That probably distinguishes the pre and post crowd.

P.S. - when in my red and black riding gear on my red 05 kat, at least once per day I see someone sticking out their camera phone and taking pictures - especially college girls. I rarely got that in my MR2.

Comment

I don't really like the look of my kat, but I was just looking to get a great starter bike and that is what I got. I love the bike a ton and prolly won't ever sell it. My next bike is a Kawi zx6r or 10. those bikes are plain sexy!

Comment

Just curious, but how did this thread go from an exhaust to the looks of the bike?
                              99 Ford F150 4x4
                              04 Mustang GT
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              06 GSX600F
                              sigpic

Comment

I think the sexiest pre I've ever seen was that red 750 '89 Slingshot bike that was posted on here once. It may have been Krey....not sure....., but wow was that a nice machine! Anyone have a link?
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X