X

swapable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapable?

I was thinking about picking these up for my 96 750 but not sure if they could be modded to fit by a local muffler shop or even worth the trouble. he said he'd take $75. currently have the cobra f1-s on bike. don't really have the cash for the v+h system. all opinions will be appreciated.
    Last edited by khel72lv; 10-06-2010, 08:54 PM. Reason: no picture

Is there supposed to be a link or picture?

Comment

anything can be made to fit if you put enough time, effort or money into it. Those look like the catalytic converter is separate from the mufflers, so they should work with no problems as long as you can find a decent exhaust shop to adapt them to your stock headers.

BTW- If your Cobra pipes are in good shape then don't toss them. Some people really dig them, and they haven't made them in several years.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The is a post kat here some where that has the same exhaust.
        Hmm... Can't recall his name but I think this is it.
        1_IMG_0210.jpg

So i could imagine that it would be a lot easier on a Pre seeing as we already have dual exhaust.
        My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
        Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107289

I got those cans and mids for $32 shipped but were a little scratched but MUCH better than stock.

Comment

The problem with most exhaust shops is there pipe benders will not make a mandrel bend. (A.K.A. kink free bends) You might be better off buying pre bent mandrel pipes cut, fit, mark, and get some one to weld them up for you. I did the same using a V&H header and pieced together a Yoshimura can, and fabbed my midpipe.
            Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
            From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
            Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Richard
            Last edited by ep87; 10-06-2010, 10:46 PM.
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Is there a specific reason you suggest mandrel bends on such a small exhaust? Most shops have better machines now-a-days and don't do the "kink" bend, at least for such small radial bends. The only reason I would specifically use mandrel would be to change material. I.E. stainless.
              My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
              Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Working...
              X