X

Katana 750 with GSXR1000 exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 with GSXR1000 exhaust

What sup guys. The reason we did this is cause exhaust are ridicously expensive we toned it down to lets say $80 dollars (of course ebay), and here are the results enjoy!!!

Some work is involved and a welder is a must. These are oem gsxr1000 exhaust they sound freaking sweet we put a splitter so the correct amount of exhaust is push out. We didnt want for one to overwhelm the other.

Last edited by Mafia Kuztoms; 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM.

Nice!...

Always have liked the symetrical look of duals.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

80 buck with the 2 mufflers?

Comment

Sweet!
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, lets be clear..
          Did you install a GSXR header or just fit the GSXR cans?

Comment

cool!
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

i wanna know to if you used to header, or just the cans....
              03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
              04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
              08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
              10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
              05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Originally posted by phil823 View Post
                i wanna know to if you used to header, or just the cans....
                Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Yeah, lets be clear..
                Did you install a GSXR header or just fit the GSXR cans?
                ????

Well???

Comment

Originally posted by mafia kuztoms View Post
                  what sup guys. The reason we did this is cause exhaust are ridicously expensive we toned it down to lets say $80 dollars (of course ebay), and here are the results enjoy!!!

Some work is involved and a welder is a must. These are oem gsxr1000 exhaust they sound freaking sweet we put a splitter so the correct amount of exhaust is push out. We didnt want for one to overwhelm the other.

dynooomite!
                  Takeing blowing up porta potties to a whole new level!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                    ????

Well???

Just the cans with a splitter we kept the exhaust manifold oem. the only thing that sucked is that we had to remove the center stand

Comment

Originally posted by HungLow View Post
                      80 buck with the 2 mufflers?

yeah the only thing that probably runs more expensive is that exhaust wrap that crap is expensive

Comment

I actually did the same thing to my pre98 600. It sounds awesome, but I could definitly tell I lost some low end torque, but it screams past 6000rpms. When I get my new rear tire I will be putting on a 48t sprocket and that should help. I just hacked my old cans off and put these on in place. It doesnt look great, but neither does my $500bike

Comment

Originally posted by cpullma2 View Post
                          I actually did the same thing to my pre98 600. It sounds awesome, but I could definitly tell I lost some low end torque, but it screams past 6000rpms. When I get my new rear tire I will be putting on a 48t sprocket and that should help. I just hacked my old cans off and put these on in place. It doesnt look great, but neither does my $500bike
                          Loss of low end in this situation would mean you have a better flowing exhaust can than what was on it previously. Less back pressure means less low end, but more top end. A jetkit and advancer can help a little in getting some of that back.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I already have a Factory Pro jet kit and advancer, but was installed prior to cans. The previous owner had punched holes in stock cans and it sounded like garbage. So I seen these cans and mids from a 08 1000 for $32 shipped and couldnt resist seeing as the insides are titanium and sell for crazy money from Suzuki. They are a little scratched and dented and the kickstand rubs on the left mid but for 30bux its great compared to stock. I just tweaked the fuel screws and it runs great, but will be alot better with my 48t and new chain.
                            Last edited by cpullma2; 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Sweet! How about some sound clips?
                              "...if you lead, they will follow"

Comment

Working...
                              X