X

anyone have this integrated tail light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mk00897 View Post
    Does anyone know where I could find another one of these? The auction on ebay is closed and they don't have another one relisted.

the sellers name i got this from last week on ebay is 2wheelscustom. You could email him on ebay and ask him if he has more.
    sigpic
    If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

i bought an intergrated one from cheapcycleparts.com it is led and has turn signals built in .. real clean look works great
      Dennis

Comment

i have the same thing had it for the 00 and the 03 after the tail swap a little on the dim side but great lights all around

Comment

So just to be sure I am reading correct....

Theese are brighter in Day and Night, than our stock equip? And, the trun signals are just as visible, if not more so than our stock blinkers right?

They do look clean, I just want to be sure to be seen.

I would go for the clear over smoked, but thats not a cosmetic thing, again, just that little bit of more light output is what I am wanting.

One more while I am here. I want to put the plate under mounted and remove "the shovel".

I also want to do like the one guy did and use the little brackets from the hardware store... but instead of putting blinkers on the side brackets (I would not need them with the (all in one design) I could instead just put running red lights (small, like 3 LED) on both sides facing out. The ones I am looking at at wal-mart are $ 4, have 3 LEDS and only one wire ( a red wire) I assume the screws ground act as the other wire.

So, what wire on the back of our bike would the red (new) wire connect to?

ie: the one green going into the brake light that acts as the current "running" light, ect.

If I wanted to ad just one other LED to come on only when brakes are applied, and it has one wire also... then what wire would it be connected to in our current bike?

ie: The new" brake only" light would b connected to the orange wire in out current tail light assembly, if it is only to come on when its brake time.

Lastley... if I bought a dual light ( to be used as a axilary run and brake light) would I still use the one orange to one lead and the green to the other leead?

Thanks

OP- I promise I am not trying to hijak your thread. /salutes
          Do or do not, there is no Try...
          -Master Yoda

Current Bike; 2005 Katana 750

Comment

i actually bought one off ebay as well for my 99 katana. It was very simple to hook up and definately enhances the look of the bike. the only thing complaint ive heard is the hyper flash makes the turn signals hard to see from a distance but i think they look fine.

I definately recommend doing it. I think I just searched 99 katana and went through every page on ebay to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X