No announcement yet.
X

anyone have this integrated tail light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got the LED tail light today and installed it. looks good. turn signal function needs something to slow down flashing. working on that. over all i'm pleased with my purchase.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

i got mine yesterday. 2 days shipping from cali to fla. now thats fast. havent installed it yet because i also ordered some tag light bolts so i cant get rid of the whole shovel and turn signals. Since you installed yours does the blue wire go to the left or right turn signal? I cant wait to get mine on the bike! Seems really easy to install, cam with a connector plug already on it.

U need a resistor to slow down the flashing on the turn signals. You can get them for cheap. will slow it down to normal. but i kinda like the faster flashing.
      sigpic
      If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

I decided to keep the signals flashing faster I find that it makes your signals more noticeable... especially if your using smoked lenses... in my opinion the faster they flash, the faster they get someone's attention!!!!
        Every dog has his day,
        And some lucky F**kers
        Even have two!

Comment

today i modded the flasher and used a heavy duty car flasher i already had. works fine but i lost that first immediate flash. i'll probably get an electronic one soon.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by GregS View Post
            Only problem I see is in regard to its legality. If you live in a state where the police are lax in enforcing the vehicle codes then it should be fine.
            turn signals arent even required where i live, plus ive been driving a car for 6 months with no license plate bracket...license plate in back window... lol.

Comment

Got mine last week, looks amazing, but the bike has been in mybrothers garage. I'lll be putting this thing in tommorow(And hopefully riding if theres no rain)!

Comment

I wish i could see videos of some of these integrated setups in action. I demand to know how an integrated red turn signal could possibly be visible while the brake light is on?

If there was a setup that turned the corners of the brake light yellow, i'd totally get it...

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post
                  I demand to know how an integrated red turn signal could possibly be visible while the brake light is on?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                  -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                    whats so funny? how does it work?

Comment

Your verbiage was just funny, that's all. My guess is that it uses directional lighting. Scout's got a '03+ tail like that. It just lights the side you're turning toward from the center in that direction.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Crappy cell phone vids tommorow!

Comment

the turn signals in it are yellow and yes u can see them with the brakes on. I love mine so nice!!!

Last edited by beachflyer; 05-25-2010, 04:01 PM.
                          sigpic
                          If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

I like the look .It looks cleaner ,I saw a triumph today with its wabbly indicators looked cheap .Nice one
                            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Here's an animated picture that shows how the lights work ... hopefully this works on the forum as well.

I got it right from the ebay sale. After seeing the yellow katana above I'm seriously considering it. I have hte same bike and it looks good.

Comment

Does anyone know where I could find another one of these? The auction on ebay is closed and they don't have another one relisted.

Comment

Working...
                                X