X

GSXR Wheel in a Katana Swingarm.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    holy ****, someone who actually does something and doesn't ask a million retarded questions.

Hmmm maybe you should start a thread of retarded answers to retarded questions people don't ask...

Comment

I must admit that I had my doubts when you first came around speaking of doing this. However, you do have my curiousity peeked.Looking forward to your updates and keep the pics coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze View Post
        I must admit that I had my doubts when you first came around speaking of doing this. However, you do have my curiousity peeked.Looking forward to your updates and keep the pics coming...
        No worries. You certainly can never tell when someone is just throwing around on the interwebs... .

In part, that is one reason I posted up that in progress pic so that I can ...

1. Show off some hard work.

2. Show I'm serious about what I'm doing.

3. Get some great feedback while it's still in progress (thanks guys).

4. Inspire someone else to get out there and do something cool we can all drool over.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Hmmm maybe you should start a thread of retarded answers to retarded questions people don't ask...
          at this point there are 10K+ threads involving retarded questions

Comment

& about 3k with incorrect answers from people who guess
            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
              & about 3k with incorrect answers from people who guess
              OMG! You don't know how many parts I already have sitting in the basement/shop just because of that... that will not work.

I'm gonna have put some stuff up for sale soon me thinks. The wife is starting to think I have 3 bikes now with just all the parts laying around.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                The wife is starting to think I have 3 bikes now with just all the parts laying around.
                Krey
                Dont worry just tell her each part only cost $5 ....she'll never know

Comment

finally someone else modding swingarms other than me

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                    finally someone else modding swingarms other than me
                    Been doing it for years & made a couple too

Comment

What about the torque arm ?Is it gonna fit around the wider tire ? Or just no rear brake at all ?
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        What about the torque arm ?Is it gonna fit around the wider tire ? Or just no rear brake at all ?
                        Nope, it won't even come close to fitting left stock. So I'll be modifying it the same way as we did the swingarm to bring it out around the tire and then back to the rotor. If that isn't going to work, I'll just make a new one from scratch.

There is probably 30 feet of 1/2" square bar laying in the shop floor atm, I'm sure we'll come up with something that works well and looks sweet...

My ultimate goal though is to have something that can be easily recreated, with mostly stock materials to start with.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Good , I was starting to think you'd forgotten something .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just a thought .......

If theres space in the widened swingarm you could maybe put a late model gsxr caliper & mount in there then theres no need for a torque arm at all

you would need to go back to sorting out ofsetts etc, also you'd need to bush the late model mount to your spindle size & add the channel it sits into but it makes for a cleaner back end imo

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
                              Just a thought .......

If theres space in the widened swingarm you could maybe put a late model gsxr caliper & mount in there then theres no need for a torque arm at all

you would need to go back to sorting out ofsetts etc, also you'd need to bush the late model mount to your spindle size & add the channel it sits into but it makes for a cleaner back end imo
                              That would be a sweet clean look.

Dang... now I'm gonna have to look into that...

Thanks Tone!...

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Comment

Ive got the mount off a gsxr1000 & one off a 650 bandit if you need any measurements etc mate, cant remember if they are the same or not without looking

Comment

Working...
                                X