factory service manual section 3 (fuel and exhaust systems) page two:
    GSX-R 750
    1988-1989
    Type - BST36SS
    but that MUST be wrong
    BTW an 1986 Katana 750, I highly doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
      Or maybe you should just understand I'm talking about the R option package.
      OH, did you re-read the website you're getting your specs from? Because unless you're Japanese, and happen to be sitting on an extremely rare, very valuable race homologation special, you've never seen, touched, or been in the vicinity of an 89 GSXR750R......

And even if you DO have first hand experience with such a bike (which I highly doubt), then you'd know that the motor in that bike is NOT the 88-89 GSXR750 motor, but rather a long-stroke 750 motor like the 85-87 and 90-92.

I like how 1 month and 180 posts makes you some kind of goddam expert on the topic. Slow your f**king roll! While you're on here posting, insisting that 89 GSXR750's have 40 mm carbs, I'm looking right in front of me, at an 89 GSXR750 carb boot..... that fits a 36mm carb! We are two different kinds of people. You copy and paste. I actually do. Learn the difference.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The R option package on the 1989 incorporated 40mm carbs. That's why I specifically said the 1989 GSX-R 750 had 40mm carbs, to mind screw him since he always blows up and tries to correct stuff. He kind of just amuses me when he goes off on a tangent.

In 1986 an equivalent to the Katana did exist in 750 form. I believe it is even referenced as a "Katana" with a different designation than gsx-f.
        Last edited by Dago; 11-13-2008, 12:03 AM.

Comment

The R option package on the 1989 incorporated 40mm carbs. That's why I specifically said the 1989 GSX-R 750 had 40mm carbs, to mind screw him since he always blows up and tries to correct stuff. He kind of just amuses me when he goes off on a tangent.

In 1986 an equivalent to the Katana did exist in 750 form. I believe it is even referenced as a "Katana" with a different designation than gsx-f.
          If you don't want to be corrected, then don't post stuff that's wrong. Or better yet, understand that it's constructive criticism and learn from it. See my above post about your 40mm carb'd 89 GSXR750.... (the R wasn't an "option package" btw...)
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yeah, I made a typo in the original post. If he has a 1986 750 Katana, which is what I assume as a result of his user name, he actually only has 32 mm carbs, not 36.

I said overall durability would suck at 130 wheel horsepower (equivalent to about 155 engine horsepower) and it would, you try it for us and let us know how it goes (dead wrong, lolllll).

Higher demand physics as in acceleration, since that is what most people notice. You're right about one thing, Ivan doesn't make a kit for his carbs, it was a typo and I mean a jet kit but I just automatically associate Ivan with Katana.

Just to throw it out there since i did forget to add the year of my bike. Its a 92 600 with a 96 750 in it. Not sure why you would think its an 86 when the user name references an eclipse... even though the 86 is the year i was born since they never made an eclipse in 86... but either way.

And on a different note thanks for all the help from everyone with sorting things out. Im just gonna use the 750 with a factory pro and a bunch of other odds and ends. Hopefully with everything i throw at it ill have 90-95 rwhp which should be plenty for a first bike.

Keith

Comment

owned

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsespeed_1986 View Post
                Im just gonna use the 750 with a factory pro and a bunch of other odds and ends. Hopefully with everything i throw at it ill have 90-95 rwhp which should be plenty for a first bike.

Keith
                Oh yeah , you'll get that EASY with the 750 . Stock they were already good for that .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Oh, yeah! Great show! Whooo-whoooo!! Sh!t, I'm out of popcorn! Just when this was getting real good, too! Anybody wanna go get me some more? I'll pay for yours, too...
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Extra butter ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I am in the process of putting a R716 code GSXR750 engine in my pre 600 kat. Was wondering if I could use my carbs as the engine I got didn't come with any carbs. I also have a Moriwaki four into one on my 600 engine, apparently they will fit , but will it nobble the engine if I use them?

Comment

your gonna use 33mm carbs on an engine that uses 38mm carbs?

Comment

Sorry my bad I thought I read that they were the same size but it had just dawned on me that they are talking about 750 carbs not 600 doh!! Will have to find some decent GSXR carbs then.

Comment

the R716 is a 1992 GSXR 750 engine. That uses Mikuni BST38SS carbs. Your pre 600 if it's an 88-89 uses BST31SS or 90-97 uses BST33SS carbs. The 750 isn't the same size either they are BST36SS, unless that gixer was in cali it's BST38SS.
                            Last edited by arsenic; 11-28-2008, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Are the Mikuni BST38SS carbs relatively common? I got the engine cheap but maybe not so cheap if a can't source the carbs for it.

Comment

I've never tried to find them, Katana's don't use them Search for 1990-1992 GSXR 750 carbs
                                Last edited by arsenic; 11-28-2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X