Bandit Headers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galbraith_14 View Post
    best air intake to use?
    94% of all Kat riders with any experience with aftermarket filters will tell you that the best intake to use is the OEM filter. The others haven't figured it out yet

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's it , I'ma put my pods back on and tinker with it just out of spite .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

tinker away

Comment

Originally posted by galbraith_14 View Post
          what year of bandit 1200 were those headers meant for? and suggestions other than that for the first few mods i should do? best air intake to use?

I don't know the exact years, but somewhere between '96-'04. I just know the part numbers matched for the listing. Other suggestions.... always use stock airfilter, Ivan's Jet kit, and Ignition advancer.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Spacing is probably the same all years, but I don't know if all years were SS.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
              I don't know the exact years, but somewhere between '96-'04. I just know the part numbers matched for the listing. Other suggestions.... always use stock airfilter, Ivan's Jet kit, and Ignition advancer.
              I wouldn't go with Ivans jet kit with b12 header go factory pro jet kit. Yeah Ivans jet kit runs well with the B12 header. But Ivans jet kit wasn't intended to run with a aftermarket header.
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

This must be a cold day in hell, I think some people are starting to listen to me
                Last edited by arsenic; 11-07-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                  This must be a cold day in hell, I think some people are starting to listen to me
                  I'm still in invisible mode. I gave up.

Comment

Factory Pro is more adjustable than Ivan's but these headers weren't on my intention list when I purchased the Ivan's kit. I'll be having the engine tuned at the end of this month. That should work out any ghosts.
                    myspace
                    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      We have a black president.
                      The stock market keeps crashing, but the dollar gets stronger.
                      The government (for the people?) has taken $700B taxpayer money to give it to big businesses, and continues to do it.
                      The Phillies won the World Series

You're goddam right, 2012 isn't soon enough. I'm convinced the world is ending right now!
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                        Factory Pro is more adjustable than Ivan's but these headers weren't on my intention list when I purchased the Ivan's kit. I'll be having the engine tuned at the end of this month. That should work out any ghosts.
                        A B12 header wasn't in my plan book either when I got the Ivans jet. She still runs good through
                        sigpic
                        Update Jul 11 2014
                        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Newriderofkatana View Post
                          Would there be any down sides to a 1200 header on a 600?
                          Perhaps. You may experience some loss of "drivability" at less than WOT running.
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                            Perhaps. You may experience some loss of "drivability" at less than WOT running.
                            Naw still rides great. Just lose some low-end. Makes alot more on the top end through.
                            sigpic
                            Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

That looks great, much to be said about bigger exhaust especially chrome!!!!!!
                              02 Kat 750F
                              68 Mercury Cat

Comment

can anyone tell me the inside or outside diameter of the b12 header outlet. I'm just planning ahead to build a custom exhaust and will need to order tubing.

Comment

Working...
                                X