X

Poor Man's Exhaust FTW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Man's Exhaust FTW

-Well ladies and gents of KR, I have just completed my first mod to my 2002 Kat 600.

-Using Rok Stars Bars's wonderful how-to I successfully completed the "Poor Man's Exhaust" mod ( http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74710 ). Simply put. . . w0w! It is quite the difference in sound now. Much much better IMO.

One trip to Sears for a 2" hole saw (I had a gift card, so y not), 14 small cutting discs (only broke two), A little bit of sweating in the garage, a tad bit of patience from my fiancee (she "needed" my attention sometimes), and VOILA! Better sounding stock exhaust!

Thanks to Rok Stars! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar (I dont care what other people say about you )

~Bryan

P.S. -I hope I put this in the right section. If not, then I apologize
    Last edited by saint0421; 08-16-2008, 03:00 PM.

No problem.. Man Im glad it work for you... Now the only reason to go aftermarket is the weight and really what good is that going to do on a Kat. Glad your happy with it bud...
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

WTF is with that Camaro in your vids, RSB? A 307 Olds with an idle like that?
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
        WTF is with that Camaro in your vids, RSB? A 307 Olds with an idle like that?
        LOL you like that huh... LOL I got some big things goin for that baby (turbo in the works has we speak).. IDK being unique and having my own thing is what keeps me going. It funny cuz its a OLDS in a Camaro then its a what they can a BOAT achor on my Oldsmobile forum a 307. I raced my buddies GT which runs low 14's and I lost at his rear tire so I know it runs mid to high 14's with the 3.23 on the back. Plans are once I get done with the Katana and throw a 700r-4 in her, some 4.10 and hoping be in the high 13's with a Fing 307 make the guys on my forum mouth drop... Then have to turbo run just for sh**s and giggle low boost just so I can say I have 307 turbo and they can ask y.
        sigpic
        Update Jul 11 2014
        Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
          No problem.. Man Im glad it work for you... Now the only reason to go aftermarket is the weight and really what good is that going to do on a Kat. Glad your happy with it bud...

I'm not very performance oriented with the Kat at this point. Besides it's weighs less than my car and is funner to ride then drive.
          Last edited by saint0421; 08-24-2008, 07:48 AM. Reason: I cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by saint0421 View Post
            I'm not very performance oriented with the Kat at this point. Besides it's weighs less than my car and is funnier to ride then drive.
            I think there is very little that is funnier than your avatar.........

Really, it cracks me up.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X