• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no clue, before 99 I believe

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      no clue, before 99 I believe
      Thats becuz of how the outer 2 exhaust pipe have the removable flange.
      sigpic
      Update Jul 11 2014
      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
        Added some new pics of the pipes polished still not the greatest. The bike is still wet from washing it. I will wax it tonight and post some good pics tommarrow.
        That's because the pipes from a B-12 are STAINLESS STEEL, not chrome plated. No stainless steel alloy is completely stainless- it will always contain a bit of iron, which will eventually rust. With heat cycling, the SS pipes discolor into a yellowish hue. It can be polished off, but takes a LOT of elbow grease (can you buy that stuff at Cyclegear?) and then it just comes back in a short time.

If it's not a true show bike, I'd just leave the pipes alone.
        Last edited by StevieB; 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

The headers look great, nice job Rok. You scratch up the belly pan a whole lot more than I do.
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Rok_Stars_Bars View Post
            Thats becuz of how the outer 2 exhaust pipe have the removable flange.
            correct, but don't make it sound like I didn't give you those, they were included brand new in the Suzuki bags.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              correct, but don't make it sound like I didn't give you those, they were included brand new in the Suzuki bags.
              OOO no biatching here. I told arsenic when I recieve the header I want to be able to throw it on. And he did that. When I recieved my package all parts was there and 6 brand new parts from Ron Ayers. I put the header on and rode off into the sunlight

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
              The headers look great, nice job Rok. You scratch up the belly pan a whole lot more than I do.
              Yeah I know. Im going to try sniffing my shocks alit and see if it helps, cuz this morning I scrubbed the header hard takin a hard right. If anything I will raise it up alittle.
              Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 07-09-2008, 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpic
              Update Jul 11 2014
              Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

I add the finally pics on the second post on the first page. Enjoy. Hope I help someone.
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

looks vary nice and love the polish job but my home made header weighs 5.7 lb mostly the welds i thank but i fill no power loss at any rpm but i jetted my carbs and put the +5 advancer and a k&n filter and a delkevic muffler on it at the same time my bike is faster from 2500 up to red line ... love it more now then ever..

Comment

Originally posted by eric77ward View Post
                    looks vary nice and love the polish job but my home made header weighs 5.7 lb mostly the welds i thank but i fill no power loss at any rpm but i jetted my carbs and put the +5 advancer and a k&n filter and a delkevic muffler on it at the same time my bike is faster from 2500 up to red line ... love it more now then ever..
                    Forget that K&N I tried that... I have the whole works too ("performance mods"). Tried it with and without...See what u like....
                    sigpic
                    Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X