extended swing arm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
    whatever it looks cool
    I agree it does look cool. Besides I am a bigger guy than some so I need the look to compliment my size. I'm 6' 270lbs so a skinnier tire looks a little odd under me....hahahaha
    Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Yo thanks for the good info LOUDNLOW7484 I was completely lost when I get it and put it on I will definetly post some pictures .Thanks

Comment

thought i would chime in....they do not make swing arm extensions for the kat, ive searched for them for a very long time. im just finishing up on cas_one's arm.....i just have to smooth all the welds out and get her painted. now the most you can stretch a stock swing arm using two stockers is 5". (on the post98). you run into a bend on one side that doesnt allow metal sourcing anymore. bracing the arm is crucial. the swing arm isnt made from the thickest steel (18awg). i think if you wanted an extension above 5" i would use two pre 750 arms (giving a total of +3" on a pre600 or any post (8").

another thing you want to consider is the arm isnt a bolt and go application, you will need three things:

-long rear brake line (you can source one from local bike yard or get one made)

-your brake arm will need to be lengthend. theres no way to just move the mounting position of the flange because your brake arm is offset to accomidate the tire. its hard for me to make that bolt and go with out having a test bed of that particular bike. on a pre i could do it cause i would just go out of my way and use one of my bikes

-and last, you need a longer chain. i figure every 1.5" of stretch is 6 links. not to mention if your going to upgrade your sprockets, which is a good time to do so as well.

i charge around $3-350 for my labor and shipping back. if you want one done yesterday its going to be more. i try not to rush these cause if something is down wrong, bad **** can happend.

Comment

Good info. Thanx. You got any pics of the one your doin?
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Cool those prices are good for me, I would love to see a couple of pictures and then I will be gettin up with you, for my 93 kat 600 and GSXR 87 1100
            Last edited by jeremiah; 07-18-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiah View Post
              for my 93 kat 600 and GSXR 87 1100
              do you need a 93 600 swing arm? I have one.

Comment

Welcome back chris, i talk to garry right after he dropped you off.....ill post pics of my work in the raw after i get it smoothed over

Comment

thanks Rob

Comment

Yeah if its extended Arsenic, thanks for looking out! But I am going to need a clutch very soon and if you got a OEM I will be gettin that from you too.

Comment

no, it's not extended, I meant if you needed one to get extended, I have one.

Comment

OK, that sounds great I will get with you when I get my money together. I don't need to ask the price cause I already know that its GOOD!! What about the OEM clutch?

Comment

what about it? I sell USED parts dude, thats something you need new.

Comment

jeremiah, if you want one done let me know, i could have another one done this week and shipped out this weekend (no supervisors on this week)...i just need two swing arms

Comment

Thanks guys, my bad Arsenic I would like to get one from you pretty soon.
                              And will I need a extra swingarm for the 87GSXR 1100. ITS NOT A KNIFE I will be using your services real soon too, just gotta get my money together.

Comment

jeremiah, if you buy a swing arm from me, I will ship it to Rob for you

Comment

Working...
                                X