No announcement yet.
X

extended swing arm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember the site but there is an application out that allows you to extend the swingarm with two peices that bolt on either side using the existing wheel bolts.Anybody else seen this set up?

Comment

Originally posted by SOS View Post
      I don't remember the site but there is an application out that allows you to extend the swingarm with two peices that bolt on either side using the existing wheel bolts.Anybody else seen this set up?
      I've seen them for SS bikes, but never for a Kat. They're just called swingarm extensions.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yeah... and i highly doubt you could use them for the katana.... my buddy has a 929 and can get em for his bike... but thats because his swing arm is set up completly diff then ours are.....
        THE EMAIL BANDIT
        F4 I stunted out
        Cbr900 (low and stretched)
        MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Why would you want to extend the swingarm? If you have a 600, I believe the 750's arm is 1.5" longer. Can't see the sense in altering (and not in a good way) the Kat's tip in behaviour, but just mho.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Why would you want to extend the swingarm?

cause it looks cool duh

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
              Why would you want to extend the swingarm? If you have a 600, I believe the 750's arm is 1.5" longer. Can't see the sense in altering (and not in a good way) the Kat's tip in behaviour, but just mho.

The longer arm is on the pre 750's compared to the 600's. All of the post 98 are the same length.

Why? For the same reason anyone puts custom wheels on their car, or modifies anything. Because you can and that's what you want.

To each their own.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

If the guy is drag racing his bike, it can be launched a LOT harder with a longer swingarm! If the arm is long enough you can almost KILL the tendency to wheelie & be able to come off the line WAY quicker! Ray.
                85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

whats up I am loking for a extended swingarm too, one for my 93 kat600 and one for my 87 gsxr1100 I am looking for anything under $200 a piece but I'm still open.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
                    If the guy is drag racing his bike, it can be launched a LOT harder with a longer swingarm! If the arm is long enough you can almost KILL the tendency to wheelie & be able to come off the line WAY quicker! Ray.
                    There are way more competent bikes to drag race with than a Kat - we start out with a weight penalty to begin with. As far as the tendency to wheelie the Kat, I have launched hard enough to spank gixxers between lights, and have never worried about the front coming up.
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

There are way more competent bikes to drag race with than a Kat - we start out with a weight penalty to begin with. As far as the tendency to wheelie the Kat, I have launched hard enough to spank gixxers between lights, and have never worried about the front coming up.
                      And what better bikes are these to make a drag bike out of? A super-twitchy, unstable SS bike? Or an even heavier old school? Do you really know what the weight difference is between, say, the aluminum frame of a late-80's GSXR1100 (another popular drag bike platform) and the steel frame of a kat? Not much, really. I can't think of a better bike to drag (and I did so, pretty successfully).
                      On a hard launch, at the track, the front end will come up, no question. The downside to the longer swingarms, is that they don't hook up as well, so you have to have a stickier/wider tire to get the same traction. And, of course, they are garbage for corners, but this is a drag bike we're talking about.
                      I do not encourage extended swingarms for image, though. That's, to me, the same as having a Ferrari keychain on your Hyundai keys, or wearing an army getup, but never having served.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

whatever it looks cool

Comment

So I guess no one knows anybody that might be selling swingarms reasonably for the 87gsxr1100 and 93 kat600. if so please Holla!!
                          Last edited by jeremiah; 07-15-2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremiah View Post
                            So I guess no one knows anybody that might be selling swingarms reasonably for the 87gsxr1100 and 93 kat600. if so please Holla!!
                            Keep checking dragbike.com in the classifieds, and you might see one come up for the gixxer now and then..... the kat will probably have to be made for you.

Comment

You can always get an 86/87 750 or 1100 GSXR arm & have it lengthened. We went 8.40s on one done that way. Not the SMARTEST way to go that fast but we did. You would need 2 arms to do it but it's easy to do one. Ray.
                              85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Obviously it would be cosmetic and other riders can see the Kat has the same potential as any other machine. I currently have a 93 gixxer arm on my 89 which I can run a 170 comfortably I do want to run at the max between a 190 or 200 tire on a 5.5x17" rim. Maybe even a 6x17 but no more than a 200 tire with the total extension of 6". I rode a friend of mines 97 Kat that was extended a bit and it handled great and the ride was a lot smoother because the entire wheelbase is longer. It responds great in corners also that is why someone would want to make that type of mod to their kat to answer your question
                                Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Working...
                                X