X

Bang 4 the buck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post
    Ok so i have been taking my bike to the track lately and been running 11s my fastest is an 11.34 on a stock 05 kat 600... and i really want to hit 10s with it... i talked to the guy at the shop and i might as well have talked to my dog cause he didn't help much... i just ordered a two brothers m5 slip on but i was wondering what else i might be able to do without major changes like engine swap or something like that

This is a total BS post and Tsunami hasn't posted in a while or shown proof of anything, so that confirms it. Anybody have any guess what the best time for a stockish later gen 600 and 750 might be? I'm thinking low 12 at maybe 110 max for a 600 and 11.60's@116 for a 750?
    Last edited by Rviscosi; 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM. Reason: Eail notification

Comment

No idea on the post, but Cycle World claimed an 11.83 @ 113.78mph in the 1/4 for a stock 600 Katana back in September '91. Their Yosh modified version ran an 11.33 @ 121.29mph using the factory bore/stroke with no NOS, turbo etc.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

very high 11's to mid 12's seem to be the norm for the 98+ 600's. One thing to remember is that body weight makes a HUGE difference on a bike....especially a smaller cc bike so If you weigh 250 like myself, I wouldnt expect to even break into the 12's with a stock 98+ 600 katana, even with perfect launch and shifting where-as a 150lb guy would probably be able to get into the high 11's with perfect launch and shifting. Notice I said"perfect", meaning this probably wouldnt happen for most people!
        sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
        RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
        I Miss You Pop
        2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
        BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
          No idea on the post, but Cycle World claimed an 11.83 @ 113.78mph in the 1/4 for a stock 600 Katana back in September '91. Their Yosh modified version ran an 11.33 @ 121.29mph using the factory bore/stroke with no NOS, turbo etc.
          I'm pretty sure Cycle World didn't use just some random dude to do the 1/4 mile test either

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            I'm pretty sure Cycle World didn't use just some random dude to do the 1/4 mile test either
            And note that that would be the lowest 1/4 mile time I've seen for a kat 600 ever, and not by a little bit, either! I've never seen a kat 600 stock under 12. Not in magazines, not at the track, not anywhere. Maybe cycle world was running at a downhill track, maybe with a wicked tailwind, or maybe it was just one of those odd bikes that leaves the factory much faster than the norm.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

You guys are way too pessimistic, he didn't say 1/4 mile. He obviously meant he was running an 11 in the 1/8th mile.

Comment

LOL, the only way a katana would run a time that slow in the 8th is if it was pushed down the track on foot. And yes, the timeslip he posted said 1/4 mile.
                sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                I Miss You Pop
                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Rviscosi View Post
                  This is a total BS post and Tsunami hasn't posted in a while or shown proof of anything, so that confirms it.
                  Confirms what? That everyone's talking about him like he's a liar. Nice way to treat a newish member. I'd probably not come back to this thread either. Guy asks for help and gets turd laid on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                    Guy asks for help and gets turd laid on him.
                    You missed the part where guy insults an entire forum by scanning a 10.88 timeslip and saying it was his kat 600. He must be out spanking hayabusas with his NAWS and stock exhaust
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      You missed the part where guy insults an entire forum by scanning a 10.88 timeslip and saying it was his kat 600. He must be out spanking hayabusas with his NAWS and stock exhaust
                      Hmmm. Page 4. 'Nuff said.

Comment

• he couldn't even tell anyone what kind of nitrous setup he had, he used the typical "the shop did it" defense. Same as that guy a few months ago that had a 2003 GSXR750 engine in it, we called BS and he left, same thing. Cheers.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• You're just mad because his katana is faster than your 636!

Really, though, I'm always open to the idea that somebody can run much faster than I can...... but without real proof.... what are we to think? Another BSer, and short-lived like all of them are.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

• Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            You're just mad because his katana is faster than your 636!

Au contraire, I run 9's all day.

Comment

• Well then my katana is faster than you, look, I run 8's........

See how easy this is?

Comment

• I run 7's on my turdbo-powered machine, suckaz
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X