No announcement yet.
X

Illumiglo Gauges question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, they're stiff enough that the screws on the tach and speedo might hold them down. I'm thinking of trying to find some adhesive paper and just putting it on myself.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

get some of that two sided tape that comes with those window film insulating kits, it should be thin enough to get the job done

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

One thing that always works for me when I need to melt adhesive to peel stickers is to use a hairdryer on it. Don't do it real close to the sticker, though, 'cuz it could also melt the plastic of the sticker itself. You just want to get it a little warm. A heat gun would work too, I suppose, but you really run a huge chance of melting the plastic of the sticker with that.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I got some clear layer to pull off of the back with some force, and nothing sticky behind it.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

Yeah, these aren't the SRP gauges. So it's a make-your-own backing. I'm going to try the window film tape. Should work just fine.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

got mine installed today. took about 2 1/2 hours start to finish. the screws worked fine for the larger gauge faces, and used small pieces of double sided tape (the thin stuff, not the white foam stuff...) for the cluster and clock.

painted the needles florescent orange, leaving a small unpainted spot at the needle rest area. the last post on AzCycos' DIY for the gauges is by reconstyle... he talks about using the unused harness plug at the top of the right frame tube instead of tapping into the third-eye wiring. worked like a champ. orange / white for switched hot and black / white for ground.

Comment

Working...
              X