X

Illumiglo Gauges question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumiglo Gauges question

How can I tell if the 3M adhesive is on the back of the gauges? I may be an idiot (always a strong possiblity), but it doesn't seem to be any there. I would assume that it would be a paper backing?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

I've known them to be adhesive on the back, see if you can try to peel off the back without damaging it. I'm sure you might have tried already. Can you take a pic of it and post it?
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I can when I get home. But it's clear and I can easily see the back of the gauges. I've tried to peel but it feels like plastic and doesn't seem to want to move.
      -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

mine were hard to peel off too, (hard to start, once the edge finally came up, the rest was easy). I don't think mine had a clear back though.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Figures...my camera batteries are dead and I can't get to the AA's right now. BUt I tried to peel again, and I'm afraid of ruining the gauge (even though it's just for the clock face).
          -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

You know, that is a good point. I have some that I haven't installed yet. I'm goin to have to check them out now.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
              You know, that is a good point. I have some that I haven't installed yet. I'm goin to have to check them out now.
              So???
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I worked on the clock "sticker" first and I have to say that I am in the same boat as you. After 20 minutes of picking, I don't feel like there is an adhesive layer there.

I will take the piece to work and continue trying to work on it.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

Hrm...I never thought of bringing it to work. It's not like I do anything besides lurk around here, anyway...
                  -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

I figured I could use some nice tweezers, maybe a microscope to see if there is a layer back there.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Anyone else?
                      -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

stick another piece of tape to the backside and pull on it, the backing should come off with the tape if there is one...that's how i seperate the backing from window tint...

but, i can tell you this..the ones i have here in my hand are from streetracerparts.com, and they have a white/grey backing on them that has 3M printed all over it...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                          stick another piece of tape to the backside and pull on it, the backing should come off with the tape if there is one...that's how i seperate the backing from window tint...
                          Never thought of that. Will have to try when I get home.

but, i can tell you this..theones i have here in my hand are from streetracerparts.com, and they have a white/grey backing on them that has 3M printed all over it...
                          I got mine from LocoKat. Not sure where he got them from. I was hoping he'd chime in here.
                          -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

the speedo should have www.streetracerparts.com printed near the bottom edge of the face...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

i just got the $39 jobs from ebay yesterday, looking at them right now, and i don't think there is any peeling to do...

but, there is also NO documentation whatsoever that came with them. if it wasn't for the instructions i found on this forum, i'd be SOL right now.

the only two that might really need some type of adhesive are for the clock and the idiot cluster. so, i guess we'll just see what we'll see!

Comment

Working...
                              X