Mods Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jet kit , slip on metzlers

Comment

i thought i was understanding the usage of jet kits pretty good...well at least a lot better than a month ago, but i dont see why a jet kit would do anything without changing your air intake. why would the ivan's jet kit call for stock air filters? dont you need to preserve your air to fuel ratio?

Comment

the stock air filter flows more air then you would ever need. So when adding a jet kit, the stock air filter will intake the air just fine, you just need to richen up your fuel mixture to compensate for the air the main jets are adding.

Comment

Originally posted by mwysienski
          i thought i was understanding the usage of jet kits pretty good...well at least a lot better than a month ago, but i dont see why a jet kit would do anything without changing your air intake. why would the ivan's jet kit call for stock air filters? dont you need to preserve your air to fuel ratio?
          Because from the factory they are jetted lean to meet EPA standards , which mean just fattening them up a little without adding extra air WILL do something .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

does this mean there is no need for pod filters? when i got my bike, the guy had just thrown them on and it didnt run to well over like 4000 rpms. doesnt this give evidence that the stock air box restricts the air?

Comment

Originally posted by mwysienski
              does this mean there is no need for pod filters? when i got my bike, the guy had just thrown them on and it didnt run to well over like 4000 rpms. doesnt this give evidence that the stock air box restricts the air?
              No, it shows that you can't just throw pods on and expect it to work, it needs some major jetting/dyno work.
              Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

I'd certainly say lose the pods, they suck large farm animals.

Comment

well im not using them now cause the bike wont run right with them on. plus, id prob end up burning out my valves.

why do you say they suck. if i want to get the biggest jet kit that i can get working on the bike arent i gunna need more air than what im getting now?

honestly, id like to go a little faster. im envious of my roomates GSXR, and another friend just got a huyabusa the other day. im going to have to struggle to ride with them....while theyre barely twisting their wrists.

Comment

no, your not going to run right with pods. Think of the engine as an air pump. With pods you taking in more air then you can exhaust out. Hence the tuning problems. I've never heard of anyone getting it right, and I'm a Suzuki dealer mechanic, I've never seen it done right. If you think you can miracle yourself the right combination, be my guest. I'm just telling you now, the stock filter will flow more then enough air for you, and pods WILL NOT work. If you think your Katana will ever run with a GSXR and a Busa it will not, period.

Comment

If you are looking for that kind of power for your kat, start looking for a bandit 1200 motor, or an older gsxr 1100 motor and do the swap....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
                      X