X

Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit

Well I got my Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator Kit a few weeks ago and I fell a little ripped off $126 for 2 thin pieces of sheet metel, some hardware, and rear turn signals which are to big.

But I did want it to look the best and from some of the cob jobs I see people do on here for a few bucks,
    I think it might be worth it.
    The instructions seem pretty straight forward only 8 steps from start to finish.
    I didn't install it yet because I have been dredding having to cut my fender

What did you find worked best to cut your fender ex. dremmel, sheetrock knife, hacksaw,etc.

Also can I easily change my rear tail lights later if I want Smaller ones?
    Attached Files
    Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

I have that same kit...ripoff in my opinion. The metal belly pan that came with mine was too large to fit (so, wasted money), the turn signals are ugly as hell (more wasted money), and basically the only piece I used on the whole kit was the license plate holder (maybe $10 worth of material).

As far as the turn signals go, I bought a C.A. clear lens and integrated Tail light/Turn signals .
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I did a $15 Creese bracket, use whatever signals you want, (stock in my case, they already have clear lenses), and it holds the plate with two small tabs instead of a monstrous piece of flat stock with big holes in it.

Not trying to rain on your parade dude, it looks good, but you said it, you feel a little ripped off...you did get ripped off IMO...sorry...

EDIT: As for cutting the fender, I used a small pneumatic saw I got from the Snap-On guy, then used a coarse, then fine file to finish the job nicely, not 'cobbed' in any way. Soon enough I won't have to worry about how the stock fender cut looks, I'll be getting an artfibras undertail shortly.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
        I did a $15 Creese bracket, use whatever signals you want, (stock in my case, they already have clear lenses), and it holds the plate with two small tabs instead of a monstrous piece of flat stock with big holes in it.

Not trying to rain on your parade dude, it looks good, but you said it, you feel a little ripped off...you did get ripped off IMO...sorry...
        Agreed.... I can honestly say that the competition werks setup in no way shape or form looks any better than my cheapo hack job or whatever you called it. That's why I stayed away from the CW eliminator.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Working...
        X