No announcement yet.
X

powder coating/chrome/high temp paint.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pulled my headers off without breaking one bolt. WOOHOO! I couldnt believe how easy they came out but boy was i glad. I am going to ship my exhaust to a company called Powder Barons in delaware to get my exhaust ceramic coated. The heat from these rusted pipes caused my plastics to warp. I want to avoid that since i will be buying all new fairings and the ceramic coating will help with the heat issues.
    Ride fast and keep the rubber side down...

Comment

Originally posted by twaga
      I just pulled my headers off without breaking one bolt. WOOHOO! I couldnt believe how easy they came out but boy was i glad. I am going to ship my exhaust to a company called Powder Barons in delaware to get my exhaust ceramic coated. The heat from these rusted pipes caused my plastics to warp. I want to avoid that since i will be buying all new fairings and the ceramic coating will help with the heat issues.
      Note: this only applies to stock pipes on stock engines (if you have aftermarket pipes or a bigger engine like a bandit 1200 motor, ignore this next part and wrap the pipes in heat wrap instead):
      Although it should help, if your pipes are getting hot enough to melt your fairing pieces, your carbs are way lean and the ceramic coating won't sheild the fairings from the heat all that much (takes longer for the heat to get through, but it will radiate through at some point). I'd suggest having your carbs jetted or at least richened to address the hyper-lean issue.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Funny u should mention that. I am in the process of tearing everything off to get the bike ready for the spring and one of the things on my list is to rebuild the carbs using a jet kit. Thanks for the post cuz i will definitely rebuild the carbs now.
        Ride fast and keep the rubber side down...

Comment

Working...
        X