X

Has any one Tried?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has any one Tried?

Has any one tried to do a integrated Turn signals on a 98-02 tail?
    I was thinking of getting a smoked/clear lense for my Kat and installing a integrated Turn signal into it . I was thinking of using MIBagentQ's Tail mod but using paint insted of a decal.

The also was thinking that I might have to put a devidor inside the tail lense to make the blinkers stand out more on the left and right.

Just looking to see if it can be done or if anyone has tried?

Re: Has any one Tried?

I haven't tried an integrated. I did come up with a 48-LED mod for it that I will be selling in a couple months (complete with the lens, etc) because I'm switching over the later tail & rear light... If you search for it, you should be able to find the write-up of how I did it (unless it pre-dates KR).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Honestly, I don't really know if the tail on thos would be big enough to have it diveded up, may not draw enough attention, ya know? I went with some flush blinkers for my rear, and I think it looks pretty good. I would just be to nervous with someone not seeing that I was braking and turing at the same time.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah, the tail;-light on the 98+ Kats is lacking in realestate for sure (mines a '94 so non-issue for me ). Having an electronics engineering background the first thing that comes to mind is to "pimp-up" the solution

Here's what I'd suggest to make a 98+ Kat integrated signal/brake light a lil more safe:

- Use only 2 bulbs, one left and one right (both inside the housing ) and use a single divider in the middle of the housing.
        - Next, whip up a lil bit of electronics logic circuit that will flash the left or right side depending on which signal is turned on while allowing hte other half of the light to illuminate at full brake-light intensity.

That might be the best/safest implementation and likely easire than trying to cram 3 bulbs in there Definitely worth looking into and would be a lil more "trick" than a 3-light implementation

Comment

Working...
        X