X

Painting wheels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting wheels

Ok once again I'm comming out of lurker mode. Anyone thought of getting thier rims painted with that glowing paint? Just something I was thinking today after I dropped off my rims to be painted black. What do fine people think of the idea of white rims during the day and glowing green at night?

C

Re: Painting wheels

Originally posted by cpomeroy
    white rims during the day and glowing green at night?

C
    Now how would you go about duing that. That would be cool though.
    Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

I have some vendor contacts for long-glow powder-coat additives. Depending on how much you want to spend (figure an extra $40 to $80 over a stock powder-coat job to pay for a box of extra powder additive -- coater might cut you a price break if he has other customers who can also use it), you can have anything from 15 minutes to 8+ hours of residual after-glow.

There are also clear-coats with reflective particles in them that look clear in daytime, but become high-reflective surfaces at night, which might be another road to go down (no residual glow, but lots of light return on them being hit by headlights).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Dupli-Color also offers a glow paint now. Not sure how well it works, but I think that would work fine as long as you cleared it afterwords.

Are you getting your rims "Painted" or "Powder Coated". Painting your rims is hella easy, and takes hardley any time at all. I did mine with Dupli-Color Graphite color, and they turned out great.

I should just become a Dupli-Color spokes person as much as I use them and have experimented with there products
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I'm going to have a custom paint shop actually paint them since I'm having the shop fix and paint my lower fairing anyway. I was thinking a flat black at first then it hit me that the glow would be pretty cool.

Comment

There is also UV reactive paint...It goes on clear and then when hit with UV light it glows and changes color...you could rig up UV LED system under the back wheel but the front might be tricky...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
            X