X

chrome bar ends

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome bar ends

ok I did a search and didnt find anything. does anyone make chrome bar ends for the kat?

Lots of people make chrome bar ends that FIT the Kat...

Comment

have you tried ebay i have found quite a lot of bar ends for the kat on there...
      "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri_Battousai
        have you tried ebay i have found quite a lot of bar ends for the kat on there...
        yeah right after I posted here. I found several at pretty reasonable prices. now to decide wether to buy a set or just paint mine.

also I've heard storis of aftermarket ends being lighter than stock and causing head shake. is this true? how would I be able to tell their weight?

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
          Originally posted by Hitokiri_Battousai
          yeah right after I posted here. I found several at pretty reasonable prices. now to decide wether to buy a set or just paint mine.

also I've heard storis of aftermarket ends being lighter than stock and causing head shake. is this true? how would I be able to tell their weight?
          Head Shake??--> umm...i don't know what that is an i tried doing a search for it on this forum but nothing really came up but if it is what i perceive it to be then i don't know..but i found some info about " head shake " and well i don't think that changing your bar ends will significantly affect your riding that much...." It is common to experience head shake when accelerating off of corners that have bumps. This is caused by the front end becoming light and the input from the topography of the road being heightened." <---that is what i got out of a search i did online...i don't even have bar ends on my bike...they are integrated into the handles and i don't see any differenence....hopefully someone will post and point you in the right direction....
          "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Get the carbon fiber look ones instead

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              Get the carbon fiber look ones instead
              i was thinking of getting the carbon fiber one....but a friend told me that he heard that aluminum cans are louder than other types ie....black satin...carbon fiber....<----is there any truth to that.....

Sorry dude don't mean to take over your post....

Comment

Bar ends won't make the Kat headshake , but you could notice more vibes with lighter ends .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  Bar ends won't make the Kat headshake , but you could notice more vibes with lighter ends .
                  +1

Damn, I'm just going to retire my post as the CyberPoet and let Matt take over while I go hit the road for a while... it's not like he hasn't heard all the tales and explanations before and he knows about as well as I by now (smile).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah , but I get forgetful . I remember some of the gist , but forget details .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just got a pair of the Alum. eBay Specials and even though they are maybe a pound of more lighter ( I cant believe how heavy the stock bar ends are!) my bars feel just and smooth as they ever did....

It is a Kat and like all kittys she purrrs a little that is all you are feeling
                      Coming on a black Kat to a town near you!

Comment

what about getting the stock ones chromed so you keep the weight?

another idea is to fill the bars with lead shot to help with vibration. It is very easy to do, and takes all of like 2 minutes.
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

These seem to be very close to stock... and they are nice and shiney!
                          Coming on a black Kat to a town near you!

Comment

Working...
                          X