X

Cant Post in Wanted Parts Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Post in Wanted Parts Yet

Gang, I'm a noob, so bear with me. I can't post in wanted parts yet. I have a 2005 midnight blue Katana 750 that the previous owner laid over on the right side, which ruined the right main fairing and the lower fairing is damaged pretty bad.

If any of yall have, or see a midnight blue main fairing that will fit my bike please let me know. Mine is not cracked, but the scrapes go very deep, and from what I am finding online, it does not appear that anyone makes a knock-off set that will match the color. I'd rather not have to paint the gas tank.

I may end up having to get an off color main fairing and have that painted instead, but if I end up going that route I may look at having other things painted as well - although that is a last ditch effort.

Search fairing repair. Depeding on how bad it is that may be a solution.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Its pretty bad. Quite a bit of the plastic was basically cheese gratered off, especially around the front blinker. I was able to install a new blinker, but around the opening for the blinker and all down the side there are deep gashes.

However, I will definately check plastic repair - it never hurts.

Comment

participate more instead of trying to get around the site rules on post levels.

also, check Ebay, and locally (I consider within 90 miles as local) on craigslist.

See My Garage for mods...
        T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
        Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
          participate more instead of trying to get around the site rules on post levels.

also, check Ebay, and locally (I consider within 90 miles as local) on craigslist.
          Cheer up mister grumpy gills.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Cheer up mister grumpy gills.
            isn't there a kawi forum you should be trolling kid?

See My Garage for mods...
            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

I check ebay daily, and cant seem to find anything OEM (ish) regardless of distance. There are a ton of sketchy looking kits, but none that even come close to the OEM midnight blue color. My local shop wants $670 for the main right fairing alone (ouch).

I also check Craigslist, but, katana parts are sparse. I will keep looking.

Is there anywhere else a fella can look?

Comment

try checking with a local bodyshop to see what they'd charge to repair it, you never know...they might treat you good

I've saved a quite a few fairings from the trash can with some simple body repair techniques...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Certainly, this winter I may pull it onto my patio and do a tear-down and see what I can do with some bondo-type material. I will also probably put a call into the shops in town and tell them if one of these comes through to let me know.

I guess I can check with junkyards too.

I saw the plastic repair thread. I printed it. It should get me started. That sounds like a project that will take at least 6 cans of chew and 4 cases of beer. I'm up for it. I guess since you can't ride in the winter, you might as well spend your spare time tinkering.

Comment

if you can, post a picture of it so we can see what you are dealing with and give you some more ideas on what you should/shouldn't try for the repair

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

You're actually trying to buy a fairing to match the color? Good luck with that one.

Comment

I've been able to get color matched fairings before, so long as I stuck with an OEM color.

I am attaching a pic of the damage - poor quality Iphone pic. The fairing did not crack, but those gouges are pretty deep.

I bought a (much needed) fender eliminator kit that came with new front turn signals - so the blinker is no longer broken (although the left blinkers now flash quickly - which I am trying to diagnose).

I don't have alot of experience with plastic repair. But, I'm willing to give it a try.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thats not bad. I'd try a repair first. Worst that happens is you eff it up and have to buy a new fairing. Nothing lost. Best case you fix it and save some $
                          When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Use filler primer and repaint it, done.

Comment

Originally posted by jpipinich View Post
                              I've been able to get color matched fairings before, so long as I stuck with an OEM color.

I am attaching a pic of the damage - poor quality Iphone pic. The fairing did not crack, but those gouges are pretty deep.

I bought a (much needed) fender eliminator kit that came with new front turn signals - so the blinker is no longer broken (although the left blinkers now flash quickly - which I am trying to diagnose).

I don't have alot of experience with plastic repair. But, I'm willing to give it a try.
                              Seriously man, that damage is NOTHING. As long as there isn't cracking you can see on the backside, sand the affected area fairly smooth. Buy some body filler at walmart, smooth it out. Sand that smooth, prime, then match the paint the best you can.

Fairings for post kats are incredibly expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X