X

replacing pre kat fairing with post kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing pre kat fairing with post kat

are all of the fittings the same on pre kat and post kat for the fairings? mine are a little scratched and cracked from previous owner and also a little slide i had while riding on ice in winter(got to get to work somehow) i prefer the newer fairing with the double hole around the engine rather than the big single one. anyone done this on theirs? any issues?

It will take a bit of modification. My personal opinion is if your gonna fit a different fairing on a bike find a good looking fairing an make it work. Saw one today with cant remember if it was a yamaha or cbr front that was nice, wasnt a fan of the tail but it was well done.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Does n e body know if all kats fairings bolt up the same 89-98 wrecked my cat over the weekend need every fairing except tail and als need new headlight and gauge brace its pretty bent up 2

Comment

Originally posted by jdubya502 View Post
        Does n e body know if all kats fairings bolt up the same 89-98 wrecked my cat over the weekend need every fairing except tail and als need new headlight and gauge brace its pretty bent up 2

88-97 models have the same fairings. The tails are different for 600 vs 750.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X