No announcement yet.
X

one vs. two pipes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed the company today on wether the $225 was for the pair of cabra F1s or wether u had to pay that per one. i will let everyone know the answer.
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Originally posted by paradoxmd
      eh, i don't really like the zx14.
      Same here.. Very 80's styling..
      Hey now , some people LIKE the 80's styling thing .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i think they liked the 80s styling back in the 80s...?

hehehe, just messing.

Long Live the D

Comment

The busa def. looks better in my opinion. I think it would be awesome to see an undertail exhaust on a kat, maybe could fab something up from a newer production bike that has an undertail?
          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" Andretti

Comment

The Cobra F1's are no longer avaliable, i have searched high and low and have found none other than that keeping a pre 98 kat dual is rare now ...tear

Comment

unless you want to shell out the extra cash for two slip ons?

Long Live the D

Comment

If you can find slip on's for a pre 98 kat i would love that link cause i can not find it.

Comment

I am a fan of the single side exhaust. The guy that owned my Kat before me put one on.

My first bike was an '89 Kaw EX500 with the dual exhaust. It looked ugly on that bike so I have stayed away from them. However, the bike in the pic Wingspan posted looks hot with the dual exhaust.
                  1993 Suzuki Katana GSX600-F
                  2005 Scion tC Release Series 1.0
                  1979 Maxda RX-7 12A

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                    Yeah , I LOVE the dual pipe look . Maybe that's why I really like the new ZX14 .
                    +1
                    I like the dual-exhaust look, at least on larger displacement engines (looks silly on a 250, IMHO, with each hole just bigger than my finger).

And I like the ZX-14, aka ZZR-1400 a lot, except for the onion-slicer side panel by the rider's knees. I think it will just be a matter of months before someone comes out with a replacement panel for that section as a bling add-on for the ZX-14.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Pciked up a pair of F1R's like on the picture of the bike above for $137.00 on ebay for both!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                        Pciked up a pair of F1R's like on the picture of the bike above for $137.00 on ebay for both!

Long Live the D

Comment

A undertail exhaust could be done on the kat. You would have to raise the rear at least 2 inches, get some custom pipe work done because the pipe would still have to come out the way it currently does, but then go above and over the swingarm, and then underneath. You would most liekly have to loose your underseat storage, and you would need a can off a bike that has a undertail exhaust because those cans are flatter, cans are really oval, like off a CBR, or even go dual like on a Yami R1. It could defiantely be done. Convict is thinking of doing it with his bike, and we were looking and figureing out the piping design. Two Brothers makes a really nice undertail pipe for the CBR, and it sounds great.
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I happen to know someone on the board who's looking at making an undertail system . Said he "market" them when he gets it done .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                              I happen to know someone on the board who's looking at making an undertail system . Said he "market" them when he gets it done .
                              If so, tell him/her to make sure the exhaust is extremely well shielded where it rises past the rear shock assembly. A lot of first-year/first-generation bikes with center exhausts came to cause havoc on the rear shock assembly, aging it prematurely due to the heat exposure. I'd put a shield in place (raised metal on risers) and then insulation on the rearward side of that...

Cheers
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What about this Vance & Hines exhaust for 89-97 GSX750?

The picture shows an undertail on what doesn't appear to be a Kat, but I could be wrong. There's another offering listed for 89-97 GSX750F here:

Is there some difference between a GSX750 Katana and a GSX750F Katana? Maybe i'm a noob and don't realize it, or maybe bikebandit posted the wrong picture for the first link.

Also, if my bike has a Stage 1, should I stick with the Vance & Hines exhaust system in place (not sure if it's a slip-on or the full system), or could I go back to the OEM dual exhaust without worry?

Thanks,
                                bama
                                What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X