X

easy or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy or not?

I want to paint/powdercoat my swingarm black. Im tryin to get opinions on whether or not to take off the current one or just get on ebay and get one cheap and then paint/powdercoat that one to make the swap easier....I guess i could throw the old one up on ebay and get my money back...opinions?

I dont understand your question
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

???

Do you think it would be easier to take off the current swingarm and paint it, or just get a used one, paint it and swap em...my current one is pretty banged up...

Comment

Depends on if you want to keep yours or not I guess. No one can really help you with that
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Depends on if you want to keep yours or not I guess. No one can really help you with that
          +1, how do you mean easier? its all personal preference. dont see how one way would be easier than the other.. either way your going to remove a swing arm and put a swing arm back on... if yours is that banged up that a sandblaster and a powder coat wont make it look better then you should find a better condition one. if yours is just cosmetically beat (as in the paint) then why waste more money on another SA and then have the hassle to get rid of the old one afterwards?

hope this helps somewhat
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by jordiem25 View Post
            Do you think it would be easier to take off the current swingarm and paint it, or just get a used one, paint it and swap em...my current one is pretty banged up...
            "banged up" isn't very helpful.. Post pics and we'll be better placed to judge condition

Comment

its in storage right now, the swing arm on it you can tell was from a crashed bike, dents and deep scratches, straight though..

Comment

I'd probably look for a replacement. Widen it while you're at it and you can go with a wider rim and tire, too. Do all your modding and beautifying on the new SA and then it's an afternoon job removing and replacing the SA and bearings.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

if its beat up that badly why waste time asking if you should replace it, what year is the bike? I have an extra post SA should be in good condition, but if your interested pm me an I can check more closely on the condition.
                  1992- project katfighter
                  2005- GSXR750
                  2001- TL1000R
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                  www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                  KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                  X