X

Saw a Spedee mod I'm curious about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw a Spedee mod I'm curious about

I really like the mix of carbon fiber on Spedee's bike and think that it would look good on my bike being it's such a dark color. I'm wondering would the CF heel guards and chain guard work on a 750 even though the link on his site says they are for the 600?
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

Yes they should work just fine. The body is the same for the 98+ 600 and 750. The only difference that I know of is the engine size. Other tha that they are the same frame and body work. The pre 98 750 and 600's are different from the seat back.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I think some Carbon Fiber would look great on your Kat. As long as you keep it all clean and waxed up, it will look good on any bike.
      Why bother doing anything if you cannot
      "Be All You Can Be."

http://www.myspace.com/kahluamud

Comment

I'm not sure the triple tree clamp carbon fiber cover will fit, because there was a change in the triple tree shape between the '02 and '03 or between the '03 and '04 model years, plus the 750 has a different tripletree clamp than the 600's. Ditto the heal gaurds. My advise is to contact the vendor and see what they have to say.

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, Heel Guards are different on the 600 and 750.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

well bummer, I'll have to keep an eye out for some 750 heel guards. My goal is to go with a CF, dark blue and dark silver look.

It seems like there are more aftermarket parts for the 600 than the 750 or is that just me?

girls = yammah

Comment

No, you're right. The 600 does have more on the market, but most of it is interchangable between it and the 750. You just have to research.
              "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

I use some CF on my bike as well, and steel blue is definately a darker color, and IMO it looks schweet !!

The chain guard is pretty basic so u should havent much problems finding that for a 600 or 750.

Thats the nice thing about 98+ kats, so much works on either one.

Comment

I actually will probably go with the CF rear hugger with the molded chain guard like Spedee has, I thought it was two different pieces but I looked at the pics again and it looks like it's one piece.

girls = yammah

Comment

It is one piece. Make sure you go with a known product / producer as all companies build them different. Some are known to work with no drilling or shaping and others will crack if you do not modify them. I am sure some of the guys / ladies on here can throw out some advice on who to go with. Just my .02
                    "Be All You Can Be."

Comment

Working...
                    X