Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

FRAME SLIDERS :: ALTERNATIVE TO DRILLING YOUR FRAME !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DooD
    It would appear that Factory Pro makes engine covers which actually have a bolt-on slider right on them....but I've yet to see a reply from the mfg'er as to whether or not they're available with this option for the Kats.
    The ones on their website for the 98+ Kats have added metal but don't have the bolt-on rubber sliders integrated. Not that their engine covers would protect the fairings in a fall (at least not very much) -- it would just keep you from grinding a hole into the engine covers, or cracking the engine covers very readily.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by DooD
      It would appear that Factory Pro makes engine covers which actually have a bolt-on slider right on them....but I've yet to see a reply from the mfg'er as to whether or not they're available with this option for the Kats.
      The ones on their website for the 98+ Kats have added metal but don't have the bolt-on rubber sliders integrated. Not that their engine covers would protect the fairings in a fall (at least not very much) -- it would just keep you from grinding a hole into the engine covers, or cracking the engine covers very readily.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      +1
      (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

(((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

Good idea and nice job.

My FIL is a master welder and I bet if I decided to go this route he could do this job pretty quick for me.

the wheels are turning now

Comment

If you have ideas, let me know....I'm a welder by trade too, so I have access to various mills, presses, etc.......as well as a dissassembled '98+ to try stuff on....

Personally, I'd like to see the sliders mounted on something removeable rather than drilled through the frame.....I was thinking that perhaps if we did something like Dale Walkers B-12 Nerfbars, only higher up, then we could mount the slider to that. Then we'd have a small bar to take the actual impact forces and hopefully crumple slightly, while the slider handles abrasions.....

FrankenKat 1216
            GS Fiter 816
            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

That pic is a RennTec engine bar kit for a Bandit, right?

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hahaha, I dunno who makes 'em! I just saw 'em on the holeshot site and thought they were a neat idea!
                FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
                X