Krylon Fusion Paint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brianjo View Post
    Looks awesome RC.

Maybe a dumb question, but if you use Krylon Fusion on the plastics, what type of Krylon do you use on the tank and the metal?

TIA

Brian
    Thanks again! I used Fusion on the tank. The Krylon website said that it can be used on metal as well as other materials. After sanding off the old paint, I did put down a friendly primer. Also, I understand that a two-part urethane clearcoat should be used on the tank for protection against gasoline spills. I used four coats of krylon clearcoat, and try to be careful during fill-ups until the next paint job.

Comment

what kind of clearcoat do you use with the Fusion paint? is there a Fusion clearcoat? I was going to experiment with the Fusion and paint my lower fairing with it and possibly the windscreen, but the windscreen is scratched to hell on the outside... so maybe not

Comment

Originally posted by snypez View Post
        what kind of clearcoat do you use with the Fusion paint? is there a Fusion clearcoat?
        I used Krylon clearcoat.

The biggest problem with using Fusion is the limited number of colors.

KrylonŽ has a robust product mix for you to choose from for your next project. Learn more about the full line-up of products today!

Comment

You know, I think some of the "hammered" fusion finishes would look pretty slick. I was actually surprised at how many additional colors they had added to their line-up between the time I painted the saddle bags (about 9) and the time I painted the parking bollards (46 at last count).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
          CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
          The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X