• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked... Need some parts

I have an '03 GSX600F and I need:

Right side (from seated position) Upper fairing
    small piece of plastic above headlight, under windscreen
    windscreen
    both driver/passenger foot pegs for left side (from seated position)
    the engine piece (cover?) that is exposed on the left side
    left handlebar
    clutch lever
    front brake lever
    front fender

If anyone has or knows of place to find these parts for relatively cheap, please let me know! Thanks!

Hope you didn't sustain as much damage as the bike!

I'm sure you'll find most of those parts available from people here, the rest you can probably scavenge pretty cheap on ebay.

Best of luck!
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
      Hope you didn't sustain as much damage as the bike!

I'm sure you'll find most of those parts available from people here, the rest you can probably scavenge pretty cheap on ebay.

Best of luck!
      Naa, I had my helmet and riding jacket on (reinforced, padded). Jumped up right away. There was traffic backed up from the light and I was in a parking lot, I wanted to squeeze thru the stopped traffic and get into the middle lane so I could go the opposite direction (of the stopped traffic), when I got into the middle lane, a gianormous dodge pickup (an '07) was speeding up and slammed into me with her (yes, her) passenger side bumper/headlight assembly. Neither one of us saw each other... I should not have went that route in the first place, but ... can't change it now. When we hit, I was basically thrown straight up in the air, came down on my hands (gloved) and it bent my hands backwards or something, wrists hurt for a while, right hand even swelled up a bit... but a week later and I'm back to normal. I am one very lucky guy.

And so marks the first motorcycle accident in my almost 15 years riding (legally) on the road.
      And in the 13,000 or so miles I've owned this bike, I had never laid it down....

Thanks for the reply!
      Last edited by tomgiboney; 03-12-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I have the levers, sans pivots, here brand new... $29 for both.
        Windshield - I've got an used one you can have for free (just shipping).
        I normally carry bar-tubes, but Rodimus took the pair I had (sorry, out of stock).
        I can order you the rest if needed.

Insurance taking care of you?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ebay has alot of that stuff if not all...
          pveity = 100%

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            I have the levers, sans pivots, here brand new... $29 for both.
            Windshield - I've got an used one you can have for free (just shipping).
            I normally carry bar-tubes, but Rodimus took the pair I had (sorry, out of stock).
            I can order you the rest if needed.

Insurance taking care of you?

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            I have to pay it all... sigh ... but anyhow, I sent you a PM, how cheaply do you think I could get away with on all of those parts I need? Thanks CP!

Comment

I might have a lever for you. Shipping only.
              Are just the pegs trashed? I have pre pegs also shipping only (I know the mounts won't work..)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                I might have a lever for you. Shipping only.
                Are just the pegs trashed? I have pre pegs also shipping only (I know the mounts won't work..)
                which lever? and the pegs on the left side (shifter side) just broke off. I'm not sure what's salvageable on 'em. The bike is in Oklahoma about 1 1/2 hours away, I need to go see it and start taking off the fairings to inspect for any more damage that I might have missed.

Thanks so much for all the help!!

What is that cover called, the only piece of the engine that's exposed on the left (shifter-side)?
                Last edited by tomgiboney; 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sorry, I might actually have both.. But CP is offering a good price for new.

Comment

Originally posted by tomgiboney View Post
                    I have to pay it all... sigh ... but anyhow, I sent you a PM, how cheaply do you think I could get away with on all of those parts I need? Thanks CP!
                    Send the PM with the pricing. Because you're asking for everything new, and it includes some fairings, it won't be cheap... But at least the fairings will come painted to match (just bolt-on, no need to calculate in separate paint prep & paint).

Since you're coming out of pocket (not insurance), there are some stuff that I'd serious consider going used (footpegs for example) whenever feasible to drive the total down.

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks CP, what I don't find used I know who to go to... much appreciated!

Comment

Ok, I let a very important piece slip by me... I really have no idea how... but I need a complete right front turn signal assembly... anyone have one used I can buy off ya? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tomgiboney View Post
                          Ok, I let a very important piece slip by me... I really have no idea how... but I need a complete right front turn signal assembly... anyone have one used I can buy off ya? Thanks!
                          I've got a spare right front turn signal- it's orange though, that what you need?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                          -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

sigpic TRAIN HARD!! BLACK BELT FOR LIFE!

Comment

Ok, I pretty much have everything, but it looks like I may need to get a new headlight assembly... I thought I could make the old one work, but it's too busted up, all mounting points are broken off...

Comment

Working...
                              X