X

need some help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help

i've got a 92 kat 750 for free from my bro. i need some help on what to do with the tail section of the bike. they just look so ugly i've got the bike painted swing arm and wheels. just need some pointers and where to go.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by teddy; 03-04-2009, 09:09 PM.

chop it and make something else fit..thats about your only option...
    sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
    k9 GSX-R 600
    GO VOLS!

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
      chop it and make something else fit..thats about your only option...
      +1 Oh, and welcome to KR.

Comment

thanks. could you tell me where there might be a how to thread or anything to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by fox24086 View Post
          thanks. could you tell me where there might be a how to thread or anything to do that?

Um... Check my sig...

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

is there a way to do that with out cutting the brackets out?

Comment

is there a way to do that with out cutting the brackets out?
              I don't know, I guess I took the easy route and cut them, and replaced them with the brackets that allows the different tail components to bolt right up.

I suppose if you made some additional brackets you could potentially fit the 600 side panels and tail light without changing the center brackets. Probably would be with keeping the 750 seat if you did that. If so, you would loose a rear grab bar entirely unless you came up with something real creative. But then I have not compared the length of the 750 seat to the 600 fairings to see what kind of fit they would have together.

Or you could choose an entirely different tail to put on the bike. That's probably going to have some pretty intensive modifications needed as well.

I guess I did not understand your original question... ANYTHING is possible if you set your mind to it, but there are no quick fixes for making major changes to the bike like swaping out the tail. No one makes bolt on kits for the Katana, and I have yet to see any alternate plastics that were not one off custom made by the bikes owner.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i'm not affraid of cutting the bike just wondering if there was an easier route. i've seen a 750 with a new gsxr tail on and it looked bad *** but that would be exspensive. i just have to find a donner 600 sum where close and see if it has all the stuff i need. i just dont like the stop sign look. after i painted the thing i found out im missing the grab bar piece.

Comment

i'm not affraid of cutting the bike just wondering if there was an easier route. i've seen a 750 with a new gsxr tail on and it looked bad *** but that would be exspensive. i just have to find a donner 600 sum where close and see if it has all the stuff i need. i just dont like the stop sign look. after i painted the thing i found out im missing the grab bar piece.
                  I don't think it's going to be any more expensive the swaping to the 600 tail. GSXR sub frames are pretty cheap actually.

Either way, you have to purchase most of an entire tail.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

well what do you think the gsxr subframe and tail bolt on?

Comment

i'm just going to leave that tail alone for now until i make up my mine. does anybody know where i might be able to find the one piece of plastic that goes between the seat and tail light?

Comment

That'd be a "solo cowl" . Good luck with THAT one .....
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                          That'd be a "solo cowl" . Good luck with THAT one .....
                          Naw, he's talking about the 750 center piece that goes with the rear grab bar he's missing as well.

I have both I just removed, but I think someone was asking about them. Still not made it to the shop yet to get those pics.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Comment

I have one you can have for the price of shipping.
                            Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

ok get me a price and i'll let you know. i'm still looking around. i dont think my bro found one yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X