X

Vinyl Wrap For Katana - Full Body

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Wrap For Katana - Full Body

Hi all, anyone know anyone that does a full body race-type wrap for motorcycles? My Katana has little and some big scratches all over it because . . . I don't know . . . the last owner was retarded. They also dropped it once at low speed on the right side, but didn't break anything, just marred it. I just want to cover everything, but don't want to repaint. Just want to custom wrap . . . maybe get a bad *** graphics scheme going. I need something that will look good by itself on the rear fairing and tank, but also want vinyl for the front fairing so I can put it back on for resale at some point in time.

Thanks

I think I found what I want - drool:

General Car Chat - motorcycle vinyl graphic wrap by EuroStreet Graphics - http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/esgfx/test.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/esgfx/DSC01848.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/esgfx/DSC01851.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/esgfx/DSC01854.jpg Eurostreet...
    Last edited by Dago; 10-06-2008, 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can't wrap over rough plastics or it will look like crud. There are a few places in the area that can do it (mostly signage shops) and if you're good with photoshop, you can generate your own files for them to use.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Naked bike?
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Do full graphics package of something crazy - like a motorcycle from the Flintstones or something.

Or get vinyl with a picture of a Ducati Monster on it, and put that on your bike. Talk about people scratching their heads!!
        Originally posted by Nero
        "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
        SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow_kitty_kat View Post

Or get vinyl with a picture of a Ducati Monster on it, and put that on your bike. Talk about people scratching their heads!!
          Yeah, they'll be scratching their heads wondering why your 'Ducati' isn't in in the shop every three months -like a real Ducati.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
            Yeah, they'll be scratching their heads wondering why your 'Ducati' isn't in in the shop every three months -like a real Ducati.

LOL That's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              Just put a kill switch on the handlebars that will kill a cylinder every once in a while! Problem solved!
              Originally posted by Nero
              "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
              SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

i was looking into this - ive got cut down fairings on my pre 600 and wanted red camo effect - just trying to find a place locally to me

its a winner in my books

Comment

local place they claim does the local race cars for $200 a car....

thought about checking them out

wondering if it can be removed in time.

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki4life View Post
                    wondering if it can be removed in time.

It can be removed, but it is not a fun task by any stretch of the imagination. It tends to leave a lot of adhesive residue behind, and depending on the quality of the paint beneath, sometimes takes the paint along with it.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                      It can be removed, but it is not a fun task by any stretch of the imagination. It tends to leave a lot of adhesive residue behind, and depending on the quality of the paint beneath, sometimes takes the paint along with it.

I was thinking about doing a total body vinyl on the turbo gix....

Comment

Cool in theroy, I've never seen it on a bike, so post up pics if you get it done.

Comment

Should be good, I think I'm gonna go with the Fallout theme (post apocalyptic). I know it will look like crap on rough plastic, should be only two little spots that I need to smooth out before doing it.

Turns out the place I linked to isn't in existence anymore. There's a place even closer though that specializes in automotive wraps and they quoted me about $300 for material and application with a clear laminate, not including design time ($80 per hour for them ) and time to remove anything that has already been done (I'll remove the stickers myself thanks). He said it should last 4 to 6 years left out in the weather. Hope it all turns out well.

I don't know where the hell cyber gets so much info from, but I'm jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post
                            I don't know where the hell cyber gets so much info from, but I'm jealous.
                            LOL get used to it and just take it in.
                            Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

theres a place down here where i live that can do full wraps...that probably doesnt help you much tho lol just look around at graphic shops
                              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                              k9 GSX-R 600
                              GO VOLS!

Comment

Working...
                              X