X

Frame Sliders for pre 98?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Sliders for pre 98?

Where can I get them? I've searched for two days and have come up with nothing.
    1989 750 Katana
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    1993 Volvo 850 GLT
    2000 Dodge Durango SLT

can I just tell you they don't exist. Feel free to keep looking tough

Comment

I actually did go looking haha, from the 5 minutes of searching Ive abandoned thoughts of getting them as well. This seems to be the general concensus of what happens if you do:

Comment

Frame sliders for Pre's do exist however you have to drill a hole in your fairings for the slider to come out of. The fairings cover the frame location that the sliders attach to. The big question is, are you willing to drill a 2 inch diameter hole in each side of your main fairings?

Comment

no, they DON'T exist. Toughs are 98+ slides modified to work on a pre.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            no, they DON'T exist. Toughs are 98+ slides modified to work on a pre.
            Isn't that what ALL frame sliders are...modified pieces to fit your bike? If you modify a post to fit a pre...it's now a pre...try fitting the modified post back on the 98+ and it won't fit!! so therefore they DO exist in some form.
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Can someone direct me to info on modding a post to fit a pre?
              1989 750 Katana
              1993 Volvo 850 GLT
              2000 Dodge Durango SLT

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie View Post
                Isn't that what ALL frame sliders are...modified pieces to fit your bike? If you modify a post to fit a pre...it's now a pre...try fitting the modified post back on the 98+ and it won't fit!! so therefore they DO exist in some form.
                yes it will, you modify the slider 0, you have to cut the pre fairing to make a post slider fit.

Originally posted by BGPKR View Post
                Can someone direct me to info on modding a post to fit a pre?
                Last edited by arsenic; 06-06-2008, 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks
                  1989 750 Katana
                  1993 Volvo 850 GLT
                  2000 Dodge Durango SLT

Comment

Heres a link for a set of frame sliders for a pre if you can read the site,
                    hope this helps.
                    GSG Zubehör und Sturzpads für Motorräder. Bei uns finden Sie neben unseren GSG Sturzschutz auch Heckständeraufnahmen und Brems- & Kupplungsflüssigkeitsbehälter.

Comment

Working...
                    X