X

powder coating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powder coating?

Im looking to repaint my bike this fall....im repainting it with a glass black with neon green stickers and neons....but my bike was purple and was repainted black, but the black has a few scartches.. the rims are starting to peel from the old owner painting them...what do u think i should do with the rims..i was thinking maybe powder coating them...does anyone know what that cost?
    If your not outta control, your not in control!!!

Powder coating from my understanding can be pretty cheap. You can also look into stripping them yourself with some aircraft stripper, and repainting them with duplicolor wheel paint, but powder coating would be more shiney
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

if you look at my ride, i stripped the paint and polished and clear coated the wheels. all the other metal parts on my bike are powder coated black

Comment

powercoat is like 60-90 a wheel cheaper if you do the prep work

Comment

Powdercoat can be glossy or flat, depending on what they use to do the coating (there are different material mixes available). Generally, it's the best type of coating available for wheels because it will handle abuse well and will hold to the rim even if the metal underneath bends minorly (paint tends to flake under such circumstances).
          Prices vary widely, depending on the powdercoater and how much prep work he has to do (sandblasting isn't a big deal, but protecting the bearing holes can be).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

not really the way you do it. you buy either gloss black, satin black or flat black etc. i have a powder coating booth here at the airport and did all my own work

Comment

Working...
            X