No announcement yet.
X

Tire advice please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a set on mine, it's a good tire for the price.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
      Then mount the Motions my friend, and enjoy

Just remember to scrub them in before opening up
      i've heard about scrubbing them, anything particular to use?
      99 Katana 600

Comment

Road mostly, with a little bit of gravel driveway and perhaps a shopping mall concrete parking lot to polish it off.

Comment

FYI a pr3 would be a waste for you, it's the sport side of the pr family. IMAO pr2 would be a better choice.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
            Mencer - don't get me wrong - the PR's are a MUCH better tyre!

However, if you are on a budget then the Motions are perfectly adequate. Just don't go kneesliding round every bend you see on icy roads
            no ice or bendy roads in florida...every damn road is straight

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            FYI a pr3 would be a waste for you, it's the sport side of the pr family. IMAO pr2 would be a better choice.
            +1 the PR3 was noticeably more "sticky" than the PR2 is. I ride aggressive an a lot more leaning than you probably do down there though. You'll only notice if your heavy wristed an like dragging knee, if you cruise an rip around a bit then definitely just the PR2 would be great.
            Last edited by crazycraven420; 10-09-2013, 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

This relative noob as been happy with his Conti Motions so far. Haven't hit a real downpour yet, but used them in a few light rains and on very wet roads with no problems.

But I don't push my tires as hard as some others on here, yet. :bunny2

Comment

Skj - you can expect your Motions to hold true through whatever you and your bike throw them at. They are really great tyres for everyday riding.

They will NOT win races. They will not be happy at recovering from 46 degree leans. They will be perfectly happy at any reasonable thing you ask of them, and I much prefer them to the Avons I had on before.

Comment

Living in the rain forest we call the Seattle area I gave the PR3's a long hard look but realized that, as a noob, I'd never push them like they could be pushed. The cost/benefit ratio just wasn't there for me at this time. By the time I need my next set it might be.

Comment

I love my avon roadriders, they don't make roadrider anymore.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

thanks guys. i'll order the conti motion tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't take to long to get here.
                      99 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                      X