X

Tire advice please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire advice please

I need a tire I plan on getting it friday. While I would love the pilot road 3, I do not have $200 to spend. Can anyone recommend one a little cheaper that will be good in rain. Maybe it won't last as long, maybe in the price of 150$
    99 Katana 600

I like my conti-motion tires.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I paid $146 delivered for my PR2...PR3 isnt much more IIRC.

Building upon the success of the Pilot Road 4, the 5th generation of the popular Road series drops the "Pilot" prefix and takes on more of an all-purp…
      Last edited by crazycraven420; 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I priced a pr2 at $173
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Bikebandit has PR3 160/60 at $163.95 shipped.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yeah i priced a pr3 for 160 and then the shop here wants 40 to put it on. pr2 is going to be about 10-15 cheaper...

i cant just go to any jo shmo tire shop to put it on n balance, or can I?
            Last edited by JSMencer; 10-09-2013, 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            99 Katana 600

Comment

there you go, under $150....can't beat the pr2's quality
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                there you go, under $150....can't beat the pr2's quality
                but then installed $40 will bring me to $190. I have a ton of tire shops around here though. since its tubeless can i take it to any tire shop? or not recommended?

ok if i take the tire off the bike and put it back on it's only $20 so now i'd be around 160 for the pr2. thats better, any other suggestions though
                Last edited by JSMencer; 10-09-2013, 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                99 Katana 600

Comment

Back in Aberdeen there was this really great tyre shop called Sillets. They guy was awesome - he'd mount and balance anything you asked wether it was for a wheelbarrow or motorbike or 4x4.

He had one little machine, great prices, and was a damn nice guy.

What I've found in the US though - is that shops not licensed or certified not insured against things will not touch anything outwith their remit with a bargepole. One place I went to for car tyres said they could not just rotate and replace two odd tyres - it was all four or nothing. I even asked them if they could just switch the worn tyres to the front and put the new ones on the back, but that was against policy.

An incredible place America lol

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    I like my conti-motion tires.
                    you have the conti motion sport touring that tire is only 108 on bike bandit. then i'd be at 128 installed thats a killer deal i think. It may not be the same ball park as a pr3, BUT on average i drive 10 miles a day, no twisties really some rain
                    99 Katana 600

Comment

I have Conti Motions installed and I love them. No problems in wet or cornering I've found so far.

They are not sporty, but as I nearly always have a passenger onboard, that does not bother me in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                        I have Conti Motions installed and I love them. No problems in wet or cornering I've found so far.

They are not sporty, but as I nearly always have a passenger onboard, that does not bother me in the slightest.
                        Stumpy thanks, I think I am going to go with them for now. Maybe the pr3's on my next set
                        99 Katana 600

Comment

Mencer - don't get me wrong - the PR's are a MUCH better tyre!

However, if you are on a budget then the Motions are perfectly adequate. Just don't go kneesliding round every bend you see on icy roads

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                            Mencer - don't get me wrong - the PR's are a MUCH better tyre!

However, if you are on a budget then the Motions are perfectly adequate. Just don't go kneesliding round every bend you see on icy roads
                            No icy roads in florida, no knee downs for me....
                            99 Katana 600

Comment

Then mount the Motions my friend, and enjoy

Just remember to scrub them in before opening up

Comment

Working...
                              X