No announcement yet.
X

1 Down and 2 up, opinions??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll check again on my way home but at 90 I think was just under 7000 rpms. Besides my yosh it's amazing how much quieter the bike is. I didn't realize how much noise that chain making.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryoblade85 View Post
      Definitely feels stronger on the low end and not real noticeable flat spots in mid range.
      Why would you think it would make flat spots in the mid range... It's a sprocket change not a jet needle position change. You will either gain acceleration an lose top speed or vice versa... Mid range is not really a factor here.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Well I've never really felt comfortable with pushing the bike due to some reason or another. Before the chain and sprockets were replaced there were areas where it seemed to "lack power" but that may have been just in my head. Anyways it's running great; carbs rebuilt, petcock replaced, rejetted, synced, chain and sprockets replaced. Next on my list is replace or rebuild the rear suspension and upgrade the brakes(braided lines and new pads with better rotors). Then I'll go onto cosmetics; thinking black with white and silver accents and clear signals. Oh and better damn seat! Haha and either going custom or Corbin.

Oh and at 90mph I'm right about 6900 rpm.

Comment

Something is not right there. You should be pulling over 8000RPM @ 90 if it's a 600. Go to gearingcommander.com and enter your bike's details - it will at least help you figure your true speed at 6900 RPM. I'm pulling around 6000 RPM @ 90 - and that's a 750 with 16/42 sprockets. (6000 X 16 / 42 X 49 / 14 = 8000)
          Last edited by TRPUT; 11-03-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

TRPUT- u seem to be correct. I should be closer to 79 mph... At stock set up I would be closer to 89 mph at 7000rpm. When I get a chance ill count the teeth on my sprockets then get in contact with they guy that did the work. I don't like being lied to.

Comment

Wait...im betting you have a post 98. If thats the case your speedo is now waaay off since the later bikes take the speed reading from the front sprocket.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Correct it's a 2003. How do I correct this?

Comment

Speedohealer or Speedo DRD. You can use the info from Gearing Commander to set it pretty close, then confirm with a GPS or another accurate speedo.

Comment

I knew it!

Someone give me a cookie.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thx TRPUT! I'll start looking into them. Yeah on my ride into work today I kept pace w traffic and I've got to be off by at least 8mph.

And Scotty if u were here I'd buy u a Jack and Coke. Alas it will have to wait. Thx guys for the input and info!

Comment

And Scotty if u were here I'd buy u a Jack and Coke.
                        I'm from KY, I'll take Makers on the rocks

Again, I sold my bike 4 years ago but I thought I remembered the revs being a lot higher

Comment

if u guys ever come to Vegas the first round is on me!

Comment

if u guys ever come to Vegas the first round is on me!
                            You pay my flight/s to Vegas and I'll shout for a whole day!!!

Comment

Holy hell TRPUT Australia??? Yeah don't see that happening anytime soon. Sorry man

Comment

What - I'll sit on a plane all day just to buy you free JD all day ... and you don't think that's a good deal????

Comment

Working...
                                X