X

Long lasting tire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
    But with that smaller rear, the speedo is the least concern. The stance and balance of the bike will be out
    The post 98 bikes come with a 150 profile from the factory...

As for mounting Pilot Powers for highway riding, that will be a very expensive albeit short lived mistake.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      The post 98 bikes come with a 150 profile from the factory...
      Yep - a 150/70. Not a 150/60.

Comment

Im not worried about the rear tire size, as I said, the 60 on the back right now is at least 1/2 inch taller than the 70 I was riding on being wore out. The bike has never riden better(sense I got it im march). I see that the scx600&750F have a 70 on the rear and the 750 bandit comes with a 60 on the rear. As much highway riding as I do, Looks Ill be getting a new tire by July-August anyway, thats kinda sad.

Comment

Absolute max tread depth you would have had was 1/4". So you are still >1/4" lower - and getting lower each ride. It's your ride - just offering info. What you do with it is completely your choice.

Comment

Any major difference ride wise between a Michelin road 2 and 3, Speaking grip wise.

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
              Michelin Pilot Road 2 for more mileage, Pilot Road 3 if you ride in the rain often.
              :repost
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

pilot activ are the hardest longest lasting compound Michelin tires
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Avon road riders I average 20k on them. And they hardly every slip out on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X