X

160/60 Michelin PR2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 160/60 Michelin PR2

My buddy just finished mounting up my tires. I can already see the difference in profile on the 160 compared to the 150, and I like it! (Ugh my rear is dirty)

2006 Katana GSX750F

Looks great! (Wouldn't worry too much about the dirt )Any tips for a rookie like me? I'm still cleaning my bike up and doing maintenance but will need tires in a couple months after I wear the ones I have out. What would be a good set to get? (94 Katana 600)
    At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

Originally posted by XyleRin View Post
      Looks great! (Wouldn't worry too much about the dirt )Any tips for a rookie like me? I'm still cleaning my bike up and doing maintenance but will need tires in a couple months after I wear the ones I have out. What would be a good set to get? (94 Katana 600)

Everyone seems to swear by the PR2's (Michelin Pilot Road 2). If you can afford the extra couple of bucks for the PR3's (Pilot Road 3) I'd grab those, but the PR2's seem good enough.

My friend has PR2's on his 'busa and after a few thousand miles they still look like new.
      2006 Katana GSX750F

Comment

I just installed the same tire on my bike. It's great.
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by XyleRin View Post
          On your pre you won't want to go bigger than a 150 unless you upgrade to a 4.5" rim. I have pr2's on mine and it's an awesome tire for the money.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
            On your pre you won't want to go bigger than a 150 unless you upgrade to a 4.5" rim. I have pr2's on mine and it's an awesome tire for the money.
            Great to hear. I'll definitely look at those when it comes time to buy.

One things though, I'm in a wet state (Oregon) so would I be losing traction when it rains? I know some tires don't handle as well under certain circumstances.
            Last edited by XyleRin; 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

PR 2 and PR3 are made to run well in the rain. IIRC, I heard the PR3 is slightly better in the rain over the PR2.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                PR 2 and PR3 are made to run well in the rain. IIRC, I heard the PR3 is slightly better in the rain over the PR2.
                Good news cause its almost always wet here.
                At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                  Not slightly, WORLDS of difference. The PR3 incorporates siping into the tread pattern, and has water reservoirs built into the tread. Riding on wet roads is like they aren't even wet.

My Kat has PR2's, my FZ6 PR3's. PR3's are way better in the wet, although the mileage is supposedly slightly less than the 2's.

Comment

Working...
                  X