Sprocket ratio for 1/8 mile drag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
    90 mph speed limits in Iceland? I know where I'm moving
    Haha I was thinking of kph when I read this Not used to the imperial system. Then 14/50 should be just fine on the roads. Thanks for correcting me

Comment

Thats what we do
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        Thats the gearing scotty used for dily riding.
        Yup, including slabbing back and forth from Lexington twice a week for a year.

It was the only thing that made the bike not such a dog to accelerate.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Einsi View Post
          Maybe not that bad, just think I'd get tired of cruising at 9k+ rpm all the time. I know I can't have it all Think I'll swap back to original after the race.

Do you know of anyone who has had bad experience with Aluminum rear on a 750 Kat or similar? I'm not expecting it to last for many years.
          Any sprocket thats not cared for properly won't last. Some have had bad experiences some not with aluminum.

I'd recommend steel with the heft of the kat and repeated hard launches, steel will give you longer life and better wear.
          http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
          http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
          '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
          "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
          "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

You might check with member Badluck on what ratio he recommends, he's been running his pre 750 at the drags for sometime. Has far as the 7th gear sprockets the go, Jim made a set for my 600 and I'll be ordering another set for my WR shortly the quality is great plus they just look cool.

Richard
            96 Suzuki GSX750F
            89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
            05 Yamaha WR450F
            05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

I ran a 14/47 setup before upping to 15/47 bc of interstate and longer rides. But I still made my speedo hit 150 damn near wide open @11k

Comment

Working...
              X