X

Changing both tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing both tires

Need some help.. Just purchased a pair of Pirelli Angels for 06 Kat. My old tires are dunlops and the front one is close to being shaved. one day while turning it screeched and was about slip but I was able to get in control since it was at lower speeds. The rear one has probably 500 miles worth of riding left

So should I change both ? coz I need to put 30 miles before I it breaks in. Or change the tires one at time.?

Is it safe to ride on freeway immediately after installing(due to the shops location)

Please advice

Yes you can change both at once. Yes you can get on the freeway immediately. In fact you are probably safest there since you lean angles will be far less than going threw some twisties... Just dont be too aggressive and you will be fine.
    -2000 "750"

Comment

Changed mine at the same time...just ride easy for the first bit and you should be fine.

Comment

I prefer changing them at the same time.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Will do both then thanks bros

Comment

For peace of mind you could bring a scotch-brite pad and quickly scruff them up a little and maybe help get off any mold release that may be lingering.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

Got 100+ miles so far..tires felt good thanks guyz

Comment

Working...
              X