X

180/55/zr17 rear tire, will it fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180/55/zr17 rear tire, will it fit?

Im going to pick up a gas tank from a local guy and he also has a 180/55/zr17 rear tire for sale cheap. My rear tire doesn't hold air, so would this tire be worth picking up?

no

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      no
      Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        no
        CORRECTION........ IT DOES FIT BUT NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SERIOUS RIDERS. I RUN A 180-55-17 BUT I DONT DO A WHOLE LOT OF SERIOUS RIDING MOSTLY COMMUTING AND FOR SHOW. THE KATANA STOCK RIM ISNT WIDE ENOUGH FOR THAT SIZE TIRE.

sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBrett View Post
          CORRECTION........ IT DOES FIT BUT NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SERIOUS RIDERS. I RUN A 180-55-17 BUT I DONT DO A WHOLE LOT OF SERIOUS RIDING MOSTLY COMMUTING AND FOR SHOW. THE KATANA STOCK RIM ISNT WIDE ENOUGH FOR THAT SIZE TIRE.

http://youtu.be/39bac68YOUw

Dude, seriously?

You don't even have the same bike as he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, it does not!

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

once you see how wide rim a 180 tire requires you understand why its a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea.

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

http://youtu.be/39bac68YOUw
              Your rim is also an inch wider than the OP's. I wouldn't recommend it even for non serious riders with a 4.5 rim like yours.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Whats the widest that is "safe" for the stock rim?

Comment

Originally posted by six6six View Post
                  Whats the widest that is "safe" for the stock rim?

For your 3.5" rim, a 150/70.

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

150/70

Comment

nice bike
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I think there is a 160 on there now.... ill have to run out and check. Thanks for the info though guys.

Comment

160/60 is fine for a 4.5" rim (like 98-06 Katanas have). Yours is 3.5" wide. You need a 150/70.

Comment

Nevermind, it has a 140/80 on it now.

Comment

teem flatlyn rydazzz

Stupid internet.
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X