X

Totally bummed...blahhh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally bummed...blahhh

Just got home from work, and look what I found...

Guess I'll start tire shoppin tommorrow

Ciao
    1990 GSXF 1100
    2011 KLR 650

That sucks!!!
    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
    sigpic

Comment

no good!!!! that sucks

Comment

Ouch that sucks
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Plug it.

Comment

I'd have to say your tire's screwed!!!

Comment

replace it!

Comment

I'd plug it until you can get some fresh meat on there.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

So, we have 2 dealerships here in Fort Mcmurry. Neither one of em stocks tires that will fit my 1100. The dreaded 16 inch tires.
                  Both tell me they can order the tires, but can take up to 2 weeks to get them shipped in.
                  I'm not waiting for 2 weeks. At least, I don't wanna.

So I picked up a plug kit for 9 bucks at Canadian tire and plugged it. It's not leaking and seems to be allright. Checked it with soapy water and it's not leaking.

Edmonton is 5 hours south of here. I think I might chance taking a ride down there on the plugged tire and get it changed there.

I've plugged tires on cars and have had the rest of the tire wear out and never had an issue with the plugs coming out or leaking. Any reason I shouldnt make this 5 hour trip?
                  1990 GSXF 1100
                  2011 KLR 650

Comment

I seem to recall on several occasion meanstrk mentioning he's plugged tires then ridden the **** out of them with out issues.

If your dealers are that slow in deliver you could check out http://www1.petes-superbike.com/ and see if he has anything that'll fit.
                    Kyle

Comment

It all boils down to personal preference. I've plugged 2 of my rear tires,then rode them down to the cords without incident. Long as the plug is not leaking, you should be fine until you source a replacement hoop for your mount.
                      2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                      2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

It's the rear tire so it's not nearly as critical as the front. I'd definitely stop about once an hour to check the pressure to make sure it's still holding air.

Honestly though, it's a screw hole, not a big gash. If you can pull the tire and back that plug with a patch I'd just ride it until it's time to replace the tire. Just keep an eye on it in case that plug starts to show any unusual wear or you start to lose air pressure.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Talkin to a bud today about it, he's gonna ride down with me, just in case I go on a rhubarb tour
                          That is, if I can find tires for it down there. What a pain in the ***. Good enough reason to look into the 17 inch wheel swap this winter.
                          1990 GSXF 1100
                          2011 KLR 650

Comment

Should have my write-up done pretty soon. Start looking for a good deal on early 90s GSXR wheels. Look for the ones with the slanted spokes, like the pre-98 Kats have.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                            X