X

Pair of tires under 200?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kat600rdr View Post
    Just curious, what are the better tires for people who can actually push their bikes to the limits?
    I had this discussion the other day: if they could push their bikes to the limit, they would be riding MotoGP. On the Kat, I would say the suspension is a far bigger limiter than the tires. For even the above average rider, I'd say they are the biggest limitation. I've passed my fair share of race replica bikes wearing the latest greatest rubber on my 700lb beast shod in sport touring rubber, come to think of it, I've passed a number of sport bikes running DOT knobbies on my KLR. Until you are able to overdrive the tires, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
      Until you are able to overdrive the tires, you're focusing on the wrong thing.
      I was just curious, I am in no means going to overdrive any tire!! Coming from the XC ATV world into streetbikes is apples to spaceships, but I still like to have some type of knowledge of whats available and so on.. Once again.. thanks everyone for your input.
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

A lot of the Ninja guys are running sport touring tires for the bikes that see double duty.

90% of the grip and 100% longer life.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
        X